Sizing Europe

DukeofMarmalade

At the Start
Does anybody know the score with this horse. Clearly something has been a miss, he pretty much went out like a light in his last 3 runs and when he was pulled from the Irish Champion hurdle and reportedly placed under immediate veterinary examination I thought they must have finally found the problem.

Reports are now coming out that he's firmly on track for Cheltenham but there's been no mention of if anything has been found or done. Are we simply to expect a repeat performance of last year?

Ties in with what has been said on the Chelt Preview thread. DeBromhead is talking him up saying all is well and he is firmly on track but on evidence of his 3 previous runs, I couldn't touch him

Not suggesting all his troubles are behind him, but the horse was born to jump a fence and should have ditched hurdling this season.

Bit surprised to see him entered today. Thought he could have had summer at grass. Agree with Gal, about time he was sent over fences

PS nice to have some proper horses to talk about again :)

second that!!!

sizing euorpe going chasing so early with the rest of the decent novices chasers in waiting at grass i find rather odd to why they have gone so early, is it that they wanted some fences under his belt as a advantage or is it they dont think he is up to beating the likes of fivefourthree crackawayjack etc.

Bit surprised to see him entered today. Thought he could have had summer at grass. Agree with Gal, about time he was sent over fences

I thought jumping discussion was banned till November? :p

I was told that he was being aimed at a race in France and that he would badly need the run over hurdles at the Punchestown festival.Was surprised to see him entered in that race last Tuesday night.Apparently the owner has splashed out 800K on 3 young horses.

Not suggesting all his troubles are behind him, but the horse was born to jump a fence and should have ditched hurdling this season.
Agreed. As quite a few of us said following his Champion bid! - or even before it Very glad he's finally going to do what he was always meant to do, and to see that win fto over fences

Runs at Roscommon on Monday night in a novice chase against Cuan na Gra and Bobs Pride.Is it a stroke of genius getting experience at this time of the year or a big negative regardng his Grade 1 prospects over fences.

Was watching ATR tonight and there were 2 jump races at Philadelphia.A maiden hurdle featured a horse placed in a French Derby.The ex Paul Nicholls trained Ouinphoja ran unplaced in a chase -getting a brutal ride which was good news for me as I had laid him for a place.

Apparently he disappointed badly in his last race at Tampa Bay on the flat.Didn't se the race but apparently jockey didn't do a great job.Same lad was on Ouinphoja who was started at 8s but I laid him for a place at much shorter odds.If the race was run again with Ruby in the saddle you'd have a large bet on him.

Back