Snooker Shootout

A mickey mouse farce invented by the rancid barry hearn,purely for non snooker fans..destroying the game slowly alikened to the torys destroyiong the nhs..

I can't agree, gigilo (apart from the bit about Hearn).

Don't get me wrong, I love the 'proper' snooker. I meet up once a month with my fellow-retired brothers for a session and if I get the chance I'll pop along for a wee bit of practice but the shootout format is a welcome bit of fun that's more likely to attract the type of audience that find the real game too slow.

It reminds me of the lighter activities we used to get to do away from the normal intensive [football] training.

Last edited:
Really should be putting more pool on the tv if this is what attracts more non snooker fans to watch,would be far more sensible and more entertaining as a game on the clock,within the next decade hearn will have the world championships in china if he has it his way presuming he lives that long..

I think as a once-a-year event it works well. I don't think I would watch it if it was a regular thing.

Familiarity would breed contempt in me. It's the novelty factor that I like.

I no longer watch darts on TV. It's turned into Eurovision.

And what an utterly brilliant final with a thoroughly deserving winner. He's been the most impressive player all week.

Back