Soapy Danger

betsmate

At the Start
Out over 1m4f in soft ground today. I suspect if he wins making all then we will see him in the cup races this year?

He never does a tap in front though so hard to know when he *is* at his best!
Always gives backers a heart attack - bless him...
Gave me a nice win today - one to back in running imo

Just looking at the race again, it was also a fine return for Carte Diamond back in third after a long lay off.

I doubt the winner will be up to challenging for the top honours this year.

I liked Soapy very much today,
right attitude in much softer ground than he wants, the horse will win some races this year.

Very happy indeed to see Carte Diamond back home after two years on the far side of the world - and placed as well. All that hassle for CD and Ellison, almost three years away - and he never even ran in a Melbourne Cup! That was his first run since Oct 05 [Caulfield Cup]

I really like Soapy Danger and hope they campaign him as a Cup horse this year, but the Doncaster race probably doesn't tell us much at all. Furmigadelaguista certainly was too close to suggest Soapy Danger has run up to last year's best form, never mind what he did at 3.

Speaking of Cup races what are the chances they will step Youmzain up to the extreme distances? There was mention of it happening before and he would be a serious threat to the Ballydoyle strangle hold on those type of races.

What Youmizain needs is a change of trainer,
he pulls too hard to be upped in trip.
Good horse in bad hands.

Back