Some Decent Racing At Last

barjon

Rookie
It’s been a turgid week of racing so far this week and we’ve had to wait until Friday to see some decent horses strut their stuff - couple of trackers out, too.

Atherstone Warrior - 2:00 Epsom - ran a very nice fourth in the Brocklesbury and won next time at Thirsk only to disappoint last time at Ascot where he led for a bit before dropping away and finishing last. 40/1 and not worth doing anything more than taking another look at him unless there’s some market action.

Koy Koy - 2:35 Epsom - was going well and easily at Newmarket last time where he was worst affected by the argy bargy - it was a blanket finish and he would have been part of it, I think , had he not been badly hampered. Have to take it on trust that he’ll cope with Epsom. I’m also a bit nervous of Dutch Decoy who I thought was unlucky not to win at Newmarket in April, although he’s been second again since, followed but a very disappointing run at York. If he bounces back from that he might give Koy Koy a run for his money, but it’ll be without me.

Mid Air - 4:15 Chepstow - was very unlucky last time at Ascot where h raced in rear and tried to challenge up the rail only to be thwarted time and time again until it was too late. That was a Class3 race and it’s Class5 for this one so wat he’s doing at 9/4 is anyone’s guess.

Enjoy the day.

It’s been a turgid week of racing so far this week and we’ve had to wait until Friday to see some decent horses strut their stuff - couple of trackers out, too.

This is why I don't even look at midweek racing. Crap racing full of non-triers. After this weekend it will be even more turgid while we wait for royal Ascot.

Didn’t back him, yo. He went in the tracker after his Brocklesbury run and obliged next time. I’ve just been watching since then, but I’m glad to see he seems to have put the last time’s run behind him. Will come again, but I doubt we’ll see 50/1.

I was disappointed my main bet didn’t run and Koy Koy didn’t live up to expectations (RP reckon he wasn’t at home on the track. “looked ill at ease on the track, hanging left throughout, and in the circumstances he did well to finish as close as he did. He remains one to be interested in back on a conventional track.”)

Back