Some thoughts looking forwards

Outsider

Journeyman
Before I go on about later in the week I've got to do
LEZARDRIEUX 400c 10/1 tomorrow.
Strange ride last time.c/d winner and drops to class 6 but is drawn in the car park but I read that if it turns softer it could be a positive.

Some good racing this week at Doncaster and no doubt I will be trying to pick some winners and will update as I do.
It's the Portland on saturday and some of interest if they run.
I've risked a couple of a/p bets already.
BURNING CASH 14/1
STONE OF DESTINY 25/1 boosted to 28/1 betfair.
I've been thinking of this race for BC for a while and SOD shouldnt be 25s.
WHENTHEDEALINGSDONE is favourite after it's easy win on Saturday it's a pity he didnt run like that when I had 33s for the stewards cup.
NOMADIC EMPIRE 25/1 is down to run but whether or not it does run is another thing.
I actually went into my local corals this afternoon and took 40/1 for the ayr gold cup.hes rated 95 in that so mightn't get in. Money back if it doesnt.
On sunday at the curragh is the Brown Lad premier hcap and I'm waiting for prices and final decs.
Mr O'Meara has entered 2 SUMMERGHAND and GULLIVER
I'm hoping he only runs Gulliver and off his mark of 95 will be of major interest.
The fly in the ointment could be STRIKE RED off about 90.
Trained by Fahey this horse has been disappointing (maybe on purpose)there was a race at haydock I think won by Gale force mayo and I took 3 eyecatchers out of that race and everything else have won since except my 3.
DANCINGINTHEWOODS
STONE OF DESTINY
STRIKE RED
so they must have something in mind.

What with the Portland,brown lad,ayr gold,silver and bronze and the Cambridgeshire it is an exciting time for me at least.

I've just looked at wednesdays card at Doncaster and see STONES OF DESTINY 13/2 is running in the first race.might need to win to get in the Portland.

Outsider;bt1029 said:
I've just looked at wednesdays card at Doncaster and see STONES OF DESTINY 13/2 is running in the first race.might need to win to get in the Portland.

As you know, mate, Burning Cash would be of interest for me if he runs, too.

Thanks.thats paid for all my bets this week and my a/p bets as I did it with magical effect the one Tan put up on the one to note thread.

WHENTHEDEALINGSDONE
I never even looked at the hcap mark on saturday I just had a little bet on it.
So I was surprised to read that since the stewards cup (98) he was dropped 3lb (95)
Then it finished 2nd of 4 in a poor stakes race.BURNING CASH 4th.and the bha said it was a 86 rated run so dropped it another 5lb to 90.but BC only got dropped a lb.
If I'd realised that I would have lumped on.
But the hcapper has got his own back by giving it a 10lb rise to 100.
But that is what I thought he was capable of so it wouldnt surprise me if he won the Portland but BC will be better at the weights especially with a good claimer on.

I sometimes wonder what the h*ll trainers are thinking when running their horses in stakes races.
GOODNIGHT GIRL 545C 25/1 6 places.NR
Got its hcap mark down to 82 nice but then finished 8/10 in a 50 grand stakes race beaten 4.5 lenghts and got put back up 4lb.
If the going is soft then that is a concern but I have to do it at that price.

STARNBERG 445D 16/1 went into my notebook before disappointing on the a/w RAN WELL 6TU

I've done STONE OF DESTINY 7/1 4TH in the first at Doncaster and
NURSECLAIRE 12/1 in a later race. RAN ON WELL 6TH

Had some good runs for my money.they all tried.

Last edited:
chelmsford 535
LIBERTY MOUNTAIN 17/2 5th 10/1

FRIDAY
ROCK OF ENGLAND 14/1 455D
PURPLE RIBBON 9/2 530D

All caught my eye last time.

Last edited:
Really sad news about the Queen wasnt it.it is sad she didnt make 100.

Its understandable that racing is cancelled even if my good thing was for tomorrow.

On to Saturday
A couple of good races at Leopardstown, hcaps I mean.
In the 7f race the brits are fairly strongly represented with
I'm a gambler,Rhoscolyn and Safe voyage 1st,3rd and 6th last time.
I've done Rhoscolyn but the one I like most is SAFE VOYAGE 12/1 this horse is seriously well hcapped on last years rating.he was a bit slow away last time and ran on well.
In the big hcap I have to do YASHIN (hopefully not to SAVE my day)20/1
I did this at Ascot and it really did bomb out that day.

In the Portland at Donny I've had to do 4.as I've backed them all before
WHENTHEDEALINGSDONE 13/2 win only
BURNING CASH 14/1
NOMADIC EMPIRE 25/1
PROJECT DANTE 33/1
3 of them though are drawn low.last year low won it but normally high is best
Whenthedealingsdone is drawn very high.

Burning cash I've had in mind for this for a while now so I cant desert it and a good 5lb claimer on.
As I've said a few times I think Nomadic empire will win a good race one day.
I've took 40s for the ayr gold cup hes off 95 so might need a penalty to get in but Omeara might risk it.races off 93 here so its chance is obvious but Jason Watson goes to ireland for Rhoscolyn and Gulliver on sunday.
Tudhope rides whenthedealingsdone.
In the coral sprint last year NOMADIC Empire was 4th off 102 so you can see where I'm coming from.
Now onto the horse who is overpriced imo.
PROJECT DANTE 33/1 7 places skybet.
Yorick told me to have a look at this one and he was right.hung very badly but when it got its act together he ran on really well for 13th (lol)but that isnt as bad as it seems.
The race report said no chance from 2 out,I suppose that is true,but it never mentioned how well it finished without Holly touching it.
I think Harrison Shaw is a good booking.
And the bonus is the hcapper dropped it 4lb.

On sunday at the curragh in the Brown Lad I will be doing 3 if they run.
Gulliver
Strike Red
LAUGH A MINUTE.
Laugh a minute could be a decent price and has been running over further so you would have thought it would have run in the Rhoscolyn race but it is dropping back to 6f.
It finished 2nd in that coral sprint last year and is 3lb lower.
Gulliver is 7lb lower and finished well down the field but was hampered
Strike red was midfield and he is 3lb lower.

The trouble with these bookies these days is that they dont seem to want you to do multiples as they all seem to have one race missing so I cant do a yankee yet.

Some decisions have to be made and I'm not good at getting them right but I might do a multiple with 2 in each race..

PROJECT DANTE 33/1
YASHIN 20/1
SAFE VOYAGE 12/1
LAUGH A MINUTE
Will looks good to me.
I reserve the right to change my mind.

Bet 365 cut gulliver to 16s which is still too big.

YASHIN now runs in the last race at the curragh on sunday.
Hills go 33/1 bet 365 20/1

Oh the pain. 2nd and 5th.but a good run for my money and a profit.
But the draw could have been better.

Outsider;bt1052 said:
Oh the pain. 2nd and 5th.but a good run for my money and a profit.
But the draw could have been better.

He gave him a lot to do, I thought, regardless of the draw.

In the goodwood race where I'm a gambler beat Orbaan and Rhoscolyn and safe voyage was 6th.ABLE CANE was 4th.
It's basically a 6f horse and that was 7f.tomorrow is 6f 111 yards and Will Buick takes over from a claimer.
11/2 looks fair.

I will be very disappointed if G7LLIVER cant finish in the first 6 tomorrow..
Biggest bet of the week so fingers and toes crossed.

Well it's been quite a good week.
LEZARDRIEUX started the week off well and I've made a profit the last couple of days without getting a winner.
Safe voyage 2nd and Rhoscolyn 5th
Gulliver 6th and Laugh a minute 4th
Nomadic empire 4th.

The Portland was a bit disappointing except for NE.
Maybe it was the soft ground as Burning cash came there and didnt finish its race off.
I'm not giving up on project dante either.

Still have Yashin to come,but satisfied with the week.

2017diary;bt1057 said:
Are you hoping to save on Yashin? :whistle:
That's a really good save.i hope you were Russian to back it.

That was the icing on the cake getting up for 6th by a nose.
Made a big difference in my ew multiples.

I was happy and now I'm very happy.:)

Back