Something Strange In Race At Huntingdon

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
K

Kathy

Nick Luck saying he wouldn't have a bet in this race if it was the last race ever to be run in the world - and I think he meant it! :what: :suspect:

5 horses originally declared by Evan Williams - and he has left one in as all others withdrawn which he says wouldn't all have a vets certificate. Leading Article remains for Williams with Paul Maloney on that's a rank outsider.

Could it be the ground? Nick Luck doesn't seen to think so. :suspect:

Richard Johnson took a bit of a tumble but he's back on his feet.

Looks like there were 4 vets certificates produced this morning. :what:

Nick Luck definitely not a happy bunny and insisting the 4 vets certificates are investigated for the integrity of racing.

Still talking about it on RUK... "Prudent for there to be a long and lingering enquiry at the VERY LEAST...."

The more I see of Evan Williams and how he operates, and the way he talks, the less I like him
I smelt a rat over this race when I saw the putative field last night... At least his runner didn't win!
Hard luck on place betters on BF.

in time you will all agree with my views on mr williams which i posted over a year ago. leopards cannot loses their spots.

happyaslarry, I was inclined to agree with you at the time but was still giving the guy the benefit of the doubt at that point. I'm not any more. There was only one very vociferous defender of EW in the forum at the time iirc, who no longer posts on here. He was a bit of a bully about most things! Personally I'd rather not have a horse in training than put it with Evan Williams

That's your opinion. Mine is as I said. And I don't miss him at all - quite the contrary.
We are all entitled :P

Courtesy of The Racing Post:

Williams fined £260 after pulling four out of same race
by Graham Green

EVAN WILLIAMS has been fined £260 following the withdrawal of four of his horses from a novice chase at Huntingdon this month, although he could still face a disciplinary inquiry over the affair.

The Glamorgan-based trainer was responsible for five of the eight declarations for the Bob Brown Memorial Novices' Chase on March 12 – the day strong winds put paid to day two of the Cheltenham Festival – but only Leading Article ran. The 16-1 outsider was last of three finishers.

At the time of the race, BHA veterinary officer Anthony Stirk was at Williams' stable checking the four horses who were all withdrawn that lunchtime on the grounds of lameness.

BHA spokesman Owen Byrne said: “We are satisfied all the horses were inspected by the yard's vet on the day of the race between 8.30am and 9am. However, the vet would only issue veterinary certificates for My Friend Johnnie and Councillor Jack. There were no veterinary certificates for Such A Man or Walsingham. Evan Williams has therefore been fined £260.

“We have also asked Mr Williams for an explanation as to why it was 1.23pm before he informed Weatherbys of the withdrawals. Pending his explanation, it could result in a disciplinary inquiry.”

Williams said: “The BHA has been very fair in the way it has dealt with the matter and there was nothing underhand about it. I should have informed Weatherbys of the withdrawals much earlier.”

Jockey Michael O'Connell has received a 16-day suspension after being found in breach of the whip rules at Hexham on March 13. He received aone-day ban for his ride aboard Orki Des Aigles and was given 15 days under the totting-up rules. His ban runs from April 5-16, with four days deferred for four

Not sure if this thread is primarily about Evan Williams or about whether Brian Hartigan is a bully. I have no opinion on Mr Williams (and there's scant evidence for most others to base any opinion on) but Mr Hartigan is one of life's gentlemen and is ill served by Headstrong's comments. Saying you find someone difficult to deal with is perfectly acceptable, but labelling that person a bully isn't simply a matter of subjective opinion. In saying that, I'm not having a go at her but merely pointing out that I've known Brian for a fair while and am therefore marginally better placed to comment on his character. Everyone, without exception, who knows him personally will concur.

Rory, was it Brian Haritgan that HS, was talking about. shrug:: Brian was far from being anything resembling a bully. Maybe she meant someone else?

If this is a topic about Brian Hartigan's character - I can say categorically that he does the work of the devil - he helps the wicked, mocks the righteous and he eats babies for breakfast. Hope that helps.

:D

I have to agree totally with Rory ~ and assertions that Brian is a bully are so far wide of the mark they're in a different county.

The main trouble is that a lot of people find it difficult to handle intelligent, rational people who can neatly take apart specious arguments by using some simple logic, intelligence or common sense.

Back