St. Leger entries

Colin Phillips

At the Start
Let's hear for everyone's favotite Racing Post journalist :

Stoute enters seven in latest bid for elusive St Leger

Lee Mottershead

SIR MICHAEL STOUTE has given himself seven chances of achieving a first Ladbrokes St Leger victory by making a multiple entry for the only British Classic to elude him.

The sponsors' 4-1 favourite Patkai and 5-1 second favourite Tartan Bearer, third in Sunday's Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby, head a seven-strong Stoute entry that also includes 7-1 shot Conduit, owned, like the two market leaders, by Ballymacoll Stud.

Ballymacoll manager Peter Reynolds said: "The Great Voltigeur is traditionally a good trial for the Ladbrokes St Leger and both Patkai and Conduit have been entered for that race as well, so we'll probably make a decision about them after it.

"Tartan Bearer has arrived home, but I haven't spoken to his trainer about how he is. I would imagine that it will take him a while to get over the race. It will probably be a while before you see Tartan Bearer out."

Irish Derby winner Frozen Fire is one of 18 entries trained by Aidan O'Brien, while Juddmonte Oaks heroine Look Here is a possible runner for Ralph Beckett.

Even though fillies don't have a great record, I think Look Here is exceptional and can give the colts a run for my money.

Ah, look - everyone's favourite owner has an engaged runner at this stage - Maidstone Mixture!

I'd still be interested in Doctor Fremantle if he runs, I've thought of him as a St Leger type since Chester. Fairly obviously the other one that looks good for the race is Look Here.

Back