Stalls Positioning

Guest_

At the Start
This cannot be allowed happen again can it? Two different sets of conditions for one race. Even allowing for it being unfair - purely from a viewing angle it just looks a joke on TV.

Ok there will be a few hard luck stories when on the rail ala Six Perfections but for me it is the right way to go about it. I did not even like the last two runnings of the 2000 Guineas when they all stayed centre.

I think it's fine on fast ground but the near side is always favoured in soft ground. They should move them across for races on soft ground imo.

The real issue is the stupidness of the jockeys, it was apparent an hour before that the near side was the place to be, why they didn't track across like they have done in previous years, I don't know.

Im with you Gal, absolutely ruin the race. Im glad the stewards reverse the placing. It was the correct decision.

I think it's fine on fast ground but the near side is always favoured in soft ground. They should move them across for races on soft ground imo.

If it's so cut and tried, surely your criticism should lie with the riders who elected to stay in the middle rather than go stands side. All the jockeys had the same range of options where to race.

I was telling Mrs O during the earlier race that the one that came up the rail alone (Honimiere?) looked to have an advantage there. It was three or four clear at one point. Can't believe the jockeys didn't latch on to it after that.

Mrs Orchid knows her place, Gus, or so we've learned over the years. Very obedient to her husband, dinner ready when he says so, house spotless, car washed every Saturday... here's a picture of her... :ninja:

Back