Stephen Foster Handicap

Charlie D

At the Start
Excellent card, but all eyes will be on the Best horse in the World

STAKES. 1 1/8 Mile Dirt. Purse $1,000,000. Stephen Foster H. (Grade 1). FOR THREE-YEAR-OLDS AND UPWARD.

PP Horse A/S M/E Wgt Jockey Trainer
1 Curlin 4 C LA 128 Albarado Robby Asmussen Steven M.
2 Delightful Kiss 4 G L 114 Mena Miguel Anderson Pete D.
3 Sam P. 4 C LA 113 Desormeaux Kent J. Pletcher Todd A.
4 Einstein (BRZ) 6 H LA 118 Leparoux Julien R. Pitts Helen
5 Grasshopper 4 C L 117 Gomez Garrett K. Howard Neil J.
6 High Blues 5 R LA 113 Lanerie Corey J. Arnold, II George R.
7 Red Rock Creek 7 G LA 113 Bridgmohan Shaun Asmussen Steven M.
8 Jonesboro 6 H LA 114 Theriot Jamie Morse Randy L.
9 Barcola 5 H LA 113 Castanon Jesus Lopez Hennig Mark A.
10 Brass Hat 7 G L 116 Borel Calvin H. Bradley William

My brother in law lives in the USA and his name is Stephen Foster and he loves his racing. I must tell him there is a race named after him if he doesn't already know! :D

Originally posted by Charlie D@Jun 12 2008, 09:08 PM
5 Grasshopper 4 C L 117
Jaysus, a flat race on dirt race in America?

Last place on earth I would have thought we would find Grasshopper! :P

Originally posted by trackside528+Jun 12 2008, 10:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trackside528 @ Jun 12 2008, 10:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Charlie D@Jun 12 2008, 09:08 PM
5 Grasshopper 4 C L 117
Jaysus, a flat race on dirt race in America?

Last place on earth I would have thought we would find Grasshopper! :P [/b][/quote]
The irony, the irony.....

Originally posted by Kathy@Jun 12 2008, 09:13 PM
My brother in law lives in the USA and his name is Stephen Foster and he loves his racing. I must tell him there is a race named after him if he doesn't already know! :D
I used to work with a woman called Betty Barclay.

It's been damn difficult to get the result, but it seems the wonderhorse won at a canter
I finally went to the Betfair Forum !!! of all places, to find out LOL
[not my natural habitat]

By PA Sport Staff

Trainer Steve Asmussen and owner Jess Jackson are mulling the options for Curlin following his impressive victory in Saturday's Stephen Foster Handicap at Churchill Downs.

The four-year-old was conceding between 10 and 15lb to his rivals as he powered to a four-and-a-quarter-length win over Einstein in the Grade One heat.

Curlin, who won the Dubai World Cup in March, has been mentioned as a possible Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe contender by connections but they will take their time before firming up plans.

"We first must decide how fit he is and how he came out of the race. Then he'll tell us when he's ready and we'll decide where we'll go after that," said Jackson, whose Stonestreet Stables owns the majority of the colt in partnership with Midnight Cry Stables.

"We're going to sit down and talk about what we're gonna do next," Asmussen told www.thoroughbredtimes.com.

"I do expect to breeze him on the turf and weigh out that option."

Looks like only a career-ending injury will stop him becoming the first American $10m winner.

Looks like they're seriously looking at the Arc for Curlin. Connections are planning to work him on turf, and if that goes well run him in a turf race next month. If he runs to something like expectations there, they'll bring him over the the Foy and then the Arc. Exciting stuff.

Back