Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Noble Prince

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Long Run

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Baby Run

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You'll need to replace Hurricane Fly with Spirit Son should the latter go for the Irish Champion Hurdle. :D

Hurricane Fly for me too. I do think Sizing Europe looks strong as well.

Funnily enough I think Long Run looks the most vulnerable of the 4 reigning champions. I wouldn't have said that after the Gold Cup last season.

I think it is so interesting the strength of support for Sprinter Sacre on this forum. I post on another one and the feeling is virtually unanimously in favour of Peddlers Cross still.

Funny how different opinions can be.

Hm. I'd be inclined to go for Hurricane Fly and Sizing Europe. If they both get there fit and in good heart, I think both will win.

I think it is so interesting the strength of support for Sprinter Sacre on this forum.

I think a fair few of us had him down as this year's Arkle horse immediately after the Supreme. And he was well tipped up in the Ante-Post competition before his first run.

Difference of opinion is massive in the Arkle and the champion hurdle I notice,compared to here and say the betfair forum.I'm sitting pretty on Pc for the Arkle but resigned to him not being in the same league as Sprinter Sacre and that seems the general consensus here.To coin a phrase from one Jimmy Hill....it's a funny old game.

anyone got any thoughts on the shortest priced favourite of the week?depending on the Irish champion hurdle,I'd say Hurricane fly,saying that if that goes in Quevega will be smashed up.

Big Bucks not listed at least makes it a fair question.

Baby Run can't win ask Jeremy he's got the winner.

Hurrcane Fly was run to 6 lengths by Oscar Whiskey and Nicky rates his other 3 far far superior aand really rates Spirit Son plus I've backed Grandouet months ago. So he cant win.

Sooner or later Quevega will turn up not what she was too dodgy for my liking. She's out!!!!

Sizing Europe best winner of the fetival last year but a slight possibility the new brigade could come through. Very close but I'm going elswhere.

Long Run. If your not on drugs before the race you might be after it. No way.

Fingal Bay is definitly my fav...........he's a certainty..... to get beat.

Grand Crus: a machine of a horse and I love him but I keep thinking he's going to fall. Just something about the way he jumps I can't put my finger on.

Sprinter Sacre: As I said when he won at Donny this is the best novice chaser I have seen since Arkle graced the turf when I was a kid. Not only do I think he'll win the Arkle in a canter but he wouldn't see any 2 miler including Sizing Europe in his way.

If he trains on and I'm sure he will he will be hailed as one of the greatest of all time and nothing in the Arkle stands a chance of beating him only he can do that but he'll be too busy looking good to even think about making an error.

He's a bigger show off than Muhammad Ali and if he could speak his first words would be "Frankel Who?" "I'll take him in 8" furlongs that is.

So just to confirm incase anyone is confused I reckon Sprinter Sacre better known as 'The fast One" is the biggest certainty since Arkle won his 3rd Gold Cup. He should be 2/5 not 5/2

Last edited:
This year we still have some very unresolved markets. At this point I don't see any banker material. In the past I've seen Big Bucks as a strong banker in the World Hurdle and although he is probably the nearest to a banker this time as well I think it's possible that one or two might make his life difficult. At the prices I'd probably favour Oscar Whisky [although it seems that he is set to run in the Champion Hurdle now].

I like Long Run in the Gold Cup, but again I wouldn't make him banker.

The horses with most potential for me are Sprinter Sacre and Grands Crus and while I strongly doubt they'd be taking each other on you should never make a novice banker material however good they appear.

I couldn't have Hurricane Fly at the price with stolen money.

So no bankers for me.

Last edited:
If I was forced to go deep on one of these I would have to side with Sizing Europe at 5/2. Reigning champ was seriously impressive at Sandown - put the race to bed quite a way out last year and word from De Bromhead's has been all positive.

Sauce? He's available to back at 40s for the CH.

I keep hearing conflicting reports about him. I had assumed he was going for the World Hurdle then I was told a few days ago that he was more likely to run in the Champion (although I wasn't convinced about this). However, it seems from everything I can glean from the yard that he will almost certainly run in the World Hurdle. I've backed him with Hills to win any race at 5/1. The best price I could see this morning for the Champion was 20/1 all in. Ladbrokes only go 10/1 (but that's with a run).

So I suppose we should expect him to line up in the World Hurdle... He won't try both I don't suppose? [I've edited the previous bit out about the Champion, as I'm unconvinced].

Last edited:
That was quick. I was just gonna edit my OP. This poll doesn't include odds-on shots.

Will Quevega be odds against on the day? Unless Unaccompanied were to run in the mares race there is nothing else in the same parish and she will win doing handsprings again...

Quevega = Cheltenham Festival Benefit.

Will Quevega be odds against on the day? Unless Unaccompanied were to run in the mares race there is nothing else in the same parish and she will win doing handsprings again...

Quevega = Cheltenham Festival Benefit.

What race will Voler La Vedette run in? Surely she'd have a very strong chance in the Mares' race.

Last edited:
Murphy has pretty much stated she will only be running on ground with cut in the future. Even if she turned up I still think Quevega will thump her.

Baby Mix should be included in the list as well as I think he is a worthy favourite and is still a decent AP proposition at 7's.

Murphy has pretty much stated she will only be running on ground with cut in the future. Even if she turned up I still think Quevega will thump her.

They have very similar ratings and Voler has beaten Mourad more convincingly on their respective latest appearances. If they faced each other I'm not sure there'd be any thumping going on, more like a bitter test.

Wish I could see some stand out bankers, but at this stage I can't.

They've met twice and quevega has beaten her by an aggregate of 12 1/2 lengths. She will turn up fresh, Voler won't (if she even turns up) and she should confirm superiority. They're both the same age and given Quevega's low mileage profile you can't expect her to have regressed.

Back