Sublimity Is On The Move...

Guest_

At the Start
Sublimity switches from Carr to Hennessy's new set up

Gavin Beech

JOHN CARR will go into the new jumps season without stable star Sublimity after learning that his 2007 Champion Hurdle winner is going to be switched to Robbie Hennessy, son of owner Bill, who is setting up as a trainer.

Sublimity, who was trained by Sir Michael Stoute before moving to Ireland in 2004, provided Carr with his biggest success as a trainer when winning last year's Champion Hurdle by three lengths.

Despite not having won a race with him since - Sublimity finished fourth to Katchit in this year's Champion - Carr was keen to stress on Thursday that there has been no acrimony in the decision, with Robbie Hennessy riding Sublimity in much of his work at Carr's County Kildare yard.

A philosophical Carr said: "I have to be disappointed in losing such a good horse, but we have to soldier on, it's just one of those things.

"There has been no fall out whatsoever, indeed I will probably be having a runner for the owners next week, although all of Bob's horses will go to Robbie eventually."

Carr added: "Robbie has decided to start up, and Sublimity will go to him once he's up and running. He's out to grass with me still at the moment, but I expect him to move in the autumn."

Sublimity is a general 14-1 chance to regain his Champion Hurdle crown in March.

Cant see how it will improve his prospects for next season.There is a big jump from work rider to trainer.

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Jun 28 2008, 06:29 PM
That depends on the quality of the work-rider, of course. :D
If your work rider is Sir Michael Stoute for example, you might prefer he was training instead.

It's a big assumption to make that the guy has only ever previously been a workrider - everyone starts somewhere! Obviously unless you know about the guy Luke, which you may well I realise. Of course, one could argue egually as hard that there is a big jump from being a jockey (glorified work rider in fact, some could say!) to being a trainer also. In fact I'd wager that most workriders would make a better fist oftraining and have more knowledge and understanding of what it entails than most jockeys!

If there were, I'm sure it's have your name all over it!! :P

However, the fact remains that many "workriders", who often have the experience of looking after and riding the animals on a daily basis, have more of the necessary expertise than the pygmies who do nowt but jump on them on a racecourse and steer them round....

Back