Sunday 11 August Deauville

bestdogpoppy

Amateur Rider
£5 ew 17/2 Metropolitan (W Hill) Was stuck on the rails at Royal Ascot with a furlong to go and the first and second had first run on him and went clear but M was staying on strongly once in the clear to take 3rd.

When I saw the field I thought Charyn was the one to beat but then I saw it was 2/1 tops and decided to sit the race out.

Glad it won and glad Inspiral ran no better for Moore than for anybody else.

I have to wonder what the Gosden have for balls when it comes to allowing others to decide who rides the horses they train.

Inspiral like Emily Upjohn should have been retired last year, I can't see the point of keeping 5yo's mares with good pedigrees in training.

Can make a case that Charyn is Varian's best horse now. Postponed the only other one with claims.

Inspiral ran a great deal better on Sunday . Reckon jocking Shoemark off now makes it easier to call on Dettori for the Breeders Cup.

Shoemark is a sound jockey but he is no Dettori or Buick.

Inspiral ran a great deal better on Sunday . Reckon jocking Shoemark off now makes it easier to call on Dettori for the Breeders Cup.

Shoemark is a sound jockey but he is no Dettori or Buick.
That , in a nutshell is Mr Shoemark's problem, or should I say "our" problem with Mr Shoemark.
The Dettoris ,Buicks etc of this world are a rarity.

Back