Sunday 15/10/23

yorick

Conditional
Only last week I picked up on Immelman, back to 2m and a lovely price.

Here's a reproduction of my entry that day:

A couple today that I've had my eye on.

Immelman - 5.20 Thurles 9/1 Ew (Bog)

It has to be said that this one has disappointed thus far after this note I made about his running in July:

'I noted this one in July when it made late headway over 2m at the Curragh. He looked a sure-fire future winner to me and I subsequently backed him on his next at Galway (last time out). How gutted was I to see him finish stone last? It transpires that he was reported as 'coughing' after the race.'

Backed again next time out over 12f and ran worse than a pig - last again. Finally, lto, they again ran over 12f and this time he wasn't really put there but made a little late headway after having raced in rear. Not on that day. Today, back to 2m and with an entry in a 50k race next week, he'll need to win well today to get into that. I can't say I'd recommend him 'winning well' but how can I not do him today: top trainer , Seamie up, back to 2m?

Here we are again and he's running in the 50k race mentioned above. I figure that the horse is just needing to be backed today to follow up. Could it be that this was the plan all along? I think I'll pay to find out.

Immelman - 5.10 Naas Fixed odds win 11/1 place 9/4 (365 bog)

Let's hope for a decent run, eh?

Yup. Essentially, it's all guesswork lol.

The good news is that this one owes me nothing now.

Back