Sunday 25th August 2024

yorick

Conditional
A very nice days punting yesterday, where the Gods smiled on my selections, which is a rare treat.

On the back of yesterday's good fortune, I'm having a light brush with a couple today who may acquit themselves respectfully.

Firstly, Project Dante (2.05 Beverley). Here's one I noted, believe it or not, a year ago at York behind Begerac. If you were to look at that race, I'm sure you'd agree that this is a horse of interest.

Although a year ago, it is only four runs. Since that York race, his mark has crashed form 100 to this 76. Massive. I detected definite signs that he may be coming to hand last time out and am a little cross with myself that I didn't secure the 28/1 on offer last night. He's 18/1 now although I just got a nice 35/1 on Betfair. You can back him for 6 places on Sky at 16/1, if you fancy a little Ew go.

I'll follow that with Tony Montana (4.00 Yarmouth) who's profile looks to be better than this field and I'm hoping the current 7/2 will prove good value for the win bet.

I'll be taking an interest in those two but, as usual after a winning day, I'll not be expecting a repeat of that good fortune. However, I can't be leaving these two alone and just hope I get a respectable run from each.

Such a shame that the ground's riding soft at Goodwood, otherwise I'd be all over Rumstar in the 3.00. He seems to be a top of the ground type. Given that, Tacarib Bay looks overpriced.

Last edited:
Didn't frame but coming to hand, I'm sure. His runs this season have shown steady improvement.

Back