Sunday 8th September 2024

yorick

Conditional
A couple of alerts today, which I will back.

Very briefly:

Project Dante - 4.35 York 28/1 Ew

Spotted this last term over the c/d when behind Bergerac. After a shaky start, this flew home and went stright into my notes. He's only had five runs since and in that time his mark has plummeted fro 100 to 72. They been patient this season but there have been definite signs that he's coming into form. On that previous run, he looks thrown in and 28/1 bog for five places is irresistible.

Fakir - 4.15 9/4 Win

Noted last season. Way below his LWR and a course winner, I think he looks like the one to be on here.

2 x singles
Ew Double

Good luck

Project Dante - Looks like he moved from Bryan Smart to Geoff Oldroyd since that run you noted, Yorick. But agree that run certainly looked interesting. Best 22-1 for 6 places that I can see now, so you did well already!

I think the two Almanzor runners look interesting in the first at York at 20-1 and 50-1. One or the other may well have the ability to run into the first 3. Off Spin (the shortest) in particular has already proved there's something there. The other one is a Sean Woods runner, his younger runners can pop up in the first 3 out of the blue.

The front two in the betting look to have it between them on paper, so there's a strong chance one of the Almanzor's at least will blow out today and will be a good bet in a future race.

Good luck with 2yo races, mate. For me they are 'no go' along with 3yo maiden stakes. Too must jiggery-pokery by trainers looking for handicap marks.

Back