Sunday Racing

trackside528

At the Start
Interesting cards at Leopardstown and Mallow (though the latter faces an early inspection) tommorrow.

Cork National headlines the Mallow card alongside two really interesting novice races (3m hurdle and 2m4f chase), neither of which look particularly appealing betting propositions.

In the Cork National, Our Monty looks an absolutely ridiculous price at 5/4. Willie Mullins has deservedly acquired the reputation of something of a wizard with horses acquired from others (included this one), but this horse has an awful lot to prove over 3m4f in what is likely to be a slog having never won over further than 2m7f and with most of his form on better ground. He may well be on a nice mark, but 9/4 would look short enough to my eye; 5/4 is taking the piss (much like Conclave over an inadequate 2m at Galway last Sunday).

Paddy Pub and Glenquin Castle look interesting, with both relatively unexposed and likely to be suited by a thorough test of stamina. Will have a closer look at some stage tonight, as well as the card at Leopardstown.

Any fancies?

Toms Laughter has been on my horse to follow list for a while (eye catching run at Beverley).
Would some of the AW experts care to comment on its chances this afternoon? I can't get my head around this type of surface.

Thinking in terms of my middle range e/w bet.

MR2

Border Patrol, 1.35 Saint Cloud will appreciate the ground better than at Longchamp last time I hope.

I think Usbeke could run a big race in the 1.35 Saint Cloud, 25/1 was far too appealing and I've had a decent bet on the German horse. It's going to be pretty testing there and he ran a very decent time last time out over course and distance.

Interesting ride (or lack of one) from Richard Hughes just then at Lingfield:blink: I Can only think there was a problem because he didn't do a thing on Sir Orpen.

I thought the same by Turner on the favourite .. never put into the race or ridden in any meaningful way.

She got caught behind horses and nearly came down and that put paid to any chance.Having watched the replay I am even more perplexed by Hughes ride.

I've taken some 22's about Arasin in the big race at Saint-Cloud who was a good second to Behkabad last time out.

Given the opposition it's rather amusing to see Rosanara trading at 1/5 on the PMU 5 minutes before the off.

Heard that Leopardstown are re-staging today's card next Saturday. Not positive though - Gal might be able to confirm?

Back