Sundays picks

Outsider

Journeyman
Well saturday was a bit of a disaster which isnt a great surprise at this time of year and the changes in going.
Young fire got me some nice place money at 12s and 14s and went off 5/1. Its stablemate Bopedro was 2nd and if it had won I would have been a bit gutted as I think he is a miler for next year and never considered it today.Young fire didnt get the best of runs and I dont think Tudhope was at his best either,but maybe that was the plan.
Silver Sheen was 6th 20/1 and bookies paid 5 places,typical.
Geremia was 5th
Nomadic Empire probably beaten by the going.
The hollow ginge didnt jump at all well today but is well hcapped for future races.
On to tomorrow
Yorick put ZEPHRON up last time when it was 4th.ridden by a 10lb claiming girl who usually rides it.ran on well.i backed the 3rd that day and it ran wel again the other day.tomorrow it's got a decent jockey
D.McDonnagle and steps up to 7f.
So basically is 10lb higher than normal.its also engaged early next week over 6f.
9/1 seems a good ew price.
In the same race I have to do VERHOYEN at 25/1 a couple of races ago it ran well and is capable.
My only worry is both are drawn low.
Getting my excuses in early.

John Mc Connel sends RIGGS over for the 130c 14/1
Was really disappointing for Dan Skelton last year and was favourite a couple of times for pertemps qualifiers but didnt look to keen and didnt appear to stay.hasnt been running too bad this year and they persist with 3m.who knows,it could be to get a bha mark for a future race.

IF THE CAP FITS 4/1 205C has been well backed all week and is much higher over hurdles.

Taking a chance in the 240c
GA LAW 12/1 the long lay off is a worry,but is progressive and gets a lot of weight of Hitman.

MOSS TUCKER 310 curr 7/4
Finished 5th in the abbaye only beaten just over 2 L.

LISMORE 345 11/2 should give me a good run.3rd in the Doncaster cup and made the running behind Kyprios in the cadran

My little 25p ew yankee
IF THE CAP FITS
ZEPHRON
LISMORE
GA LAW.

Morning mate.

If you've read my thread on friendsofhorseracing, you'll know that we agree on a three of these.

Zephron, Riggs and Ga Law are the those.

I am worried about the heavy going for Zephron, though, I must admit but then I thought that about for Captain Haddock yesterday and he ran really well to place for me, so you never know. All evidence does seems to point to better ground.

Last edited:
I do hate this time of year.
Disappointing again today.
My worries about 3m being too far for Riggs seem right.
Zephron ran ok but possibly unsuited by the going like Yorick suggested.
Verhoyen needs dropping back in trip but I'm not giving up on him yet.
If the cap fits fell but wasnt going well at the time.
GA Law ran well for 3rd.
Lismore dropped away tamely

Moss Tucker won like he was entitled to.

Not a good day.

Zephron: the ground perhaps and the wrong racing line up that far rail.

A good run from Riggs, mind as well as my other runner there, Tiger Jt, who got 4th. A little too keen but a good run.

Ga Law was a massive run. Huge notebook job, for me, Goughs.

Back