Sunday's Racing

betsmate

At the Start
Plenty of quality action including at the Curragh and Deauville. Any thoughts, tips, analysis, ratings, insight, observations, guesses or poems?

There is already a thread for the Moyglare here.

Just looking at the opening G3 at the Curragh. There is money around for Like Magic. Are we taking What's up Pussycats placing in the Tattersalls as franking his form?

4/5 Finsceal Beo in a Listed race? Keep your eyes peeled for a man in Preston with a wheelbarrow.

The Prix Quincy at Deauville is a really interesting race. The RP is talking about Holocene peaking at the right time, Calming Influence is a difficult one to nail on that Jersey form plus a couple of listed level Fabre runners.

Nothing in there rock-solid, and with that it mind, I can't let Hello Morning go off at Hills' 10/1 without an interest. Fourth in a G1 over a mile this season, 2nd in one last year. The step-up in trip hasn't really worked and whilst the runs have been disappointing, he's not taking on Montmartres/Twice Overs in this.

Didn't Bolger spend most of last season telling us Finsceal Beo needs fast ground. If that's the case, why is he running her here? If the ground is as advertised, a reproduction of Zero Tolerance's Haydock form make him a strong contender for the Irish Cambrisgeshire.

Demand ew in the 4.10 at Folkestone. Been destroyong Danehill Destiny at home of late and at 7/1 she is a knocking ew bet.

Nice little 0-140 handicap hurdle at the Abbot today.

I like Distiller from the NTD yard, and reckon he can improve for the steup-up in trip.

Almost hit the jackpot, but sad to see her at this level after last year's glory tbh.

So, he`s running New Approach on fast ground and Finsceal on Soft. He just seems incapable of pulling horses out of a race once the conditions go against them. I know he has Lush Lashes, but the Nassau would have been made for FB.

I wasn't sure that Getaway would deal with Doctor Dino today, but did so well enough I thought. People will point to the weight advantage and the proximity of the field but I'd be pleased with that if I was connections. I don't think he is top-class, but earned his place in the Arc field with that I think.

So, he`s running New Approach on fast ground and Finsceal on Soft. He just seems incapable of pulling horses out of a race once the conditions go against them. I know he has Lush Lashes, but the Nassau would have been made for FB.

Particularly when there is a Group 1 on next Saturday for fillys over a mile that is likely to have much better ground.

Again battled well but if she is anything for next year its an Oaks filly. At the very least she will need it testing to be considered for the Guineas.

Apologies for the aftertiming but I am going to do it anyway.Why was Bolger running his dual classic winning -multi group 1 winning filly in a listed race today with at least 3 possible Group 1 races restricted to fillies and mares over the next 6 weeks.For me she was effectively having a gallop for prizemoney and there was no question of her being asked for maximum effort to win.On top of that there was the opinion that she might be gone a bit sour and could do with a pleasant experience on the track.Whoever laid her at 1/3 on betfair had the bet of alltime.Personally I laid her at 4-5 about 5 minutes before the off-I'd say she was nearly odds against on betfair at the off.It was one of the few cases where I wasn't prepared to lay off in running.

No way.If you accept what I say about today effectively being a paid gallop the Group 1 at Longchamp on Arc today is a realistic target.

Back