Superhero Castings

Tanlic

Senior Jockey
In your opinion are casting directors doing a good job? and who played the parts best to date.....in your opinion.

Superman? The Ulitimate Superhero

Brandon Routh...seemed to be trying to imitate Christopher Reeve rather than make the role his own. He is limited as an actor to say the least and was probably the worst Superman of all time.
Christopher Reeves R.I.P. was woeful in comparison to Henry Cavill who at least has a bit of oomph! to him. But they have done a poor job and yet to find the perfect actor for the roll on the big screen. The films themselves prior to Man of Steel have been very poor which was a bit better. However they tried to cram too much into one movie which lacked badly of the personal touch and it gave Cavill little chance to show what he can do. Perhaps the next movie will give him a better chance to shine.
Tom Welling in Smallville was ecxellent but the time between movies put paid to him having any chance of playing the role on the big screen.. Dean Cain on the otherhand was instantly forgetable

Batman: George Cloooney was a joke, Kilmer instantly forgetable, Michael Keaton left them both standing but Cristian Bale was different class in the suit but not so great out of it. Ben Afflec will be good out of the suit as the playboy Bruce Wayne............He was dreadful in the suit in Daredevil and they are taking abig risk casting him........He might pull it off but it's hard to imagine.

Spiderman: Toby McQuire was a good choice but Andrew Garfiled has one up on him as he actually looks more like the Comic book charachter. No real complaints about either.

Iroman: Robert Downey Jnr.........Perfect casting and near impossible to replace.

The Flash: TV series about to take off ahead of the movie. Doubt if they will ever find anyone better than John Wesley Shipp who was perfect for the roll

Arrow: I've watched the TV series from day 1 and I'm still not convinced Steven Amell was the right choice. He's got the physic for the part but not the stage presence that Justin Hartley had playing the part in Smalville.

The Hulk: Or Bruce Banner rather: Edward Norton.......I think they were on drugs when they chose him. Bill Bixby was a household name when he played the part and is hard to knock. Mark Ruffalo looks out of place but Eric Bana fitted the role perfectly.

Captain America: When Matt Salinger was cast in the lead roll in 1990 he must have thought Superstardom here I come. Afraid not he was woeful n the part and they shot the casting director or should have.
Chris Evans had aleardy played superhero Johnny Storm in The Fantastic Four
both he and Michael Chiklis as Ben Storm were inspired bits of casting. You'd hardly expect him to be chosen for the roll of another Superhero but he was and it's worked out perfect. Great choice.

Nick Fury: David Hasselhoff :lol::lol::lol::lol: SLJ ok but surely they could have done better.

The Punisher:
Dolph Lundgren, The Punisher (1989) Bad
Thomas Jane, The Punisher (2004) Great!!!
Ray Stevenson, Punisher: War Zone (2008) 50/50

Thomas Jane by a mile. He fitted the roll perfectly but he's a workaholic and I can only imagine he was replaced due to other commitments. He actually played the part again in a video short in 2012

Thor. There's been a couple played the part in the past but are best forgotten Chris Helmsworth was an excellent choice...long may it continue.

Wonder Woman: woeful to date.........They made a movie a few years ago and it was never released...They are making another which will star a virual unknown in Gal Gadot.

She's getting an introduction to the Superhero role in Man of Steel 2. Whether she can act or not I have no idea but when I saw her picture I thought........who gives a f*** she'll be great in the role

tumblr_mxati3ZZRs1qddpzeo1_r2_500.jpg

Last edited:
Back