Sweet, free filly for 'other things'!

krizon

At the Start
Having bought back from the HiT sales in October 2008 the 3 y.o. filly Songsheet and I bred - PLACE THE DUCHESS (Compton Place - Barrantes/Distant Relative), it's time to exit stage left. She's had a few tries at 5 and 6f and while Alastair Lidderdale might pop her in a 7f, her heart and sincerity outweigh her ability!

So this isn't aimed at punters on here, but more at horseys: if any of you or your friends are looking for a very sweet-natured bay filly, good to box and shoe (not so pleased about pulling!), c. 15.2, lightweight build but with a good sprinter's backside, sound, teeth recently rasped and routine vet inspected, then she's all yours for.......... nothing!

I had a home lined up for her when she was leaving Sheena West's yard, but I was persuaded to keep her in training, and that home has now been filled by a hunter. Alastair is aware that we're in the last-chance saloon with her, but even if she ran 'promisingly' again, I'm pretty sure she ain't gonna win - at any distance. It's a shame, but there are, as we know, far more horses not winning than triumphing, and she's sadly in that group.

Please PM me if you can help to find her a caring, responsible home. She'd suit a male or female medium-weight, advanced or improving rider who can school on, with a view to pretty much anything not associated with a racecourse! :D Many thanks.

Gutted that she's not lived up to how you thought she might be Jon. Was great seeing her at Brighton (bar those few anxious moments mid-race).

Will ask around and see - good luck finding Duchess a new place :)

If you don't want her racing again Kri, I'd advise having her passport stamped at Weatherby's; it cost c.£40 last time I heard. Good luck finding a home for her.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, folks. Don't worry, Shadz - that'll defo be done. I've always said to Carol (who co-owns her) that I'd take care of that. I am disappointed that her enthusiastic efforts just haven't panned out, but she's not going to be kept going because of a delusion that she'll magically improve one day! I've been very pleased with the efforts of Sheena and Alastair to do their best by her, but I think we've just hit a natural buffer.

Oh, did I mention the magnum of fine champagne and a vast supply of chocolates to whoever finds her a place? ;)

Back