Takeover Target

Grand Armee

At the Start
The old marvel was at his best yet again yesterday, winning the $500,000 Group 1 TJ Smith Stakes (WFA) over 6f at Royal Randwick.:)

There is not much left to say about this true champion, who has danced his way across 3 continents and won Group 1 or 2 races in Singapore, Japan, Australia and England.

The program for 2009 reads something like this:

* Group 1 Goodwood Handicap - 6f at Morphetville in Adelaide, South Australia. Should he win this race, he will become the first horse in Australian history to win a major Group 1 or 2 race (Perth only has 2 major Group 2 sprint races) in every major racing capital city of Australia.

* Group 1 Kris Flyer Sprint - 6f at Kranji. He won this race last year, and is looking for a double in the event. He will face Singapore's current superstar Rocket Man, as well as the Hong Kong Gallopers Green Birdie, Inspiration and Sacred Kingdom.

>>>>Possibility of heading back to England for the two sprint races at Royal Ascot.

Jay Ford lost the ride yesterday, and Nash Rawiller was on board. There is still a lot of controversy about this and who will keep the ride. A lot of whispers Ford has lost the ride completely.

Legend of an animal, hope he comes to England again but I just can't see anything landing a blow on Overdose at present, who runs today in Budapest incidently. Also, with a jockey change, with Soumillon on board today!

There is talk he will head to England again. Its probably going to be his last campaign, he is afterall now 9.

Though knowing him, he could race on to 10.

Yep, I can't see anything troubling Overdose in any of the sprints this year!

I think Equiano is probably the best of the home contingent, when he gets his conditions, he's an absolute monster.

At this stage I wouldn't say inxile will be a top performer but he's definitley worth respecting. He's a big horse and will improve. His half bro, also with Nicholls, 'tax free' is a grp 3 winner and still improving at 7.

Yes I agree that overdose should have gone down as the winner of that race, it was most unfortunate. But Marchand is a very good horse too and I look forward to seeing him again - he was very impressive at Newmarket last July

guess marchand could be vulnerable at the minimum trip, as he did run over 7f earlier in his career as well, and clearly needed every inch in the July Cup. At the same time the one doubt one might have about Overdose is how he will cope with the more demanding tracks and whether he can use his blistering speed at a stiff 6f ???

surely something to look forward too very much this season.

Back