Tattersalls - George Washington filly

crazyhorse

At the Start
ONLY GEORGE WASHINGTON YEARLING IN THE WORLD TO SELL AT TATTERSALLS OCTOBER BOOK 1

The only yearling in the world by the ill – fated Champion GEORGE WASHINGTON is to be offered for sale at Book 1 of the forthcoming Tattersalls October Yearling Sale which takes place Tuesday October 6th – Thursday October 8th.
The bay filly, foaled on February 4th last year, is out of the Group winner producing RAINBOW QUEST mare FLAWLESSLY and is to be consigned to Europe's premier yearling sale from Gerry and Patricia Burke's Glidawn Stud. The filly, who was the highest priced foal sold in Ireland last year, is a half sister to the French Group 3 winner OMBRE LEGERE, herself already the dam of the 2009 Japanese Group winner and Classic placed GERMINAL, as well as the Grade 1 placed filly FLAWLY who is the dam of 2006 Group 3 winner and Group 1 Prix du Jockey Club runner up BEST NAME.
A Classic winner and a Champion at two and three, GEORGE WASHINGTON won four Group 1 races in his illustrious career including the 2,000 Guineas, the National Stakes and the Phoenix Stakes before embarking on a stud career prematurely curtailed owing to chronic infertility. The son of DANEHILL's only legacy is the filly out of FLAWLESSLY and her appearance at Book 1 of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale will be eagerly awaited.
Commenting on the filly, Tattersalls Chairman Edmond Mahony said;
“She is an outstanding physical specimen and of course she is unique. It is wonderfully appropriate that she will be sold at Book 1 of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale as her father GEORGE WASHINGTON was the 1,150,000 guineas sale topper at the first October Book 1 in 2004 and we also have GEORGE WASHINGTON's three parts brother by DANEHILL DANCER in the sale.”
Gerry Burke added;
“Obviously I have loved her from the moment I set eyes on her as a foal. She has enormous quality and presence and a great deal of her father about her. We have had great success over the years at Book 1 of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale and we have a lot to look forward to this year.”
Book 1 of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale features the only yearlings eligible for the eight race £1,750,000 Tattersalls Millions and the catalogue will be online in the first week of August and published on August 18th.

It'll make for fascinating viewing all the same. Is that one of the sales that RUK has covered in the past?

I doubt anyone who buys it will actually care if she turns out to be useless, and no guarantee that she will ever make it to a racecourse anyway. Her breeding makes her worth whatever will be paid to whomever pays it.

I'm really surprised that she is going thru the ring at all. Coolmore usually make an off the record offer, they must either not be interested, or owner asking too much money for her. If Coolmore not bidding for her she might not go for that much.

Will be very interested to see what she does go for, and to whom.

Shall we, just for fun, come up with some guesses? I'll go £840,000 for starters, and she goes to Japan. Any takers?

I wouldn't accept a private bid for her whether thought to be a 'reasonable' amount or not. The Urban Sea filly foal set a record which no one would have expected if one had asked them before bidding started. Who knows what can happen once the auction gets under way. I would take my chance in the ring - she may have a huge reserve anyway, so may not sell at all. There won't be a lot left in the running after half a million unless the Maktoums break their embargo.

They will make there money back on her alright but coolmore wont pay a astrnomical amount of money just because shes out of GG

There is every chance I am going to that sales - always wanted to go and see one in action and that day promises to be special - several half siblings on offer including some top horses.

Back