Tattersalls Gold Cup

LBM

At the Start
Will Ballydoyle try to get SOFortune as a g1 winner over 10f or will they run DOM (probably the last top son of Danehill retired to stud ) as a multiple g1 winner?
I´d run Sof and let Getaway and Ask clash at Epsom.

Arch Rebel (USA) (NMeade)
Duke Of Marmalade (APO'Brien)
Finsceal Beo (JSBolger)
Halicarnassus (MRChannon (inGB))
Lucarno (USA) (JHMGosden (inGB))
Mooretown Lady (HRogers)
Mount Nelson (GB) (APO'Brien)
Red Rock Canyon (APO'Brien)
Red Rocks (BJMeehan (in GB))
Soldier Of Fortune (APO'Brien)
Song Of Hiawatha (GB) (APO'Brien)

I would hope (and think) they will leave Duke Of Marmalade for this and send SOF for the Coronation Cup.

They have always said that the Coronation Cup is SoF early-season target. He'll have Getaway to beat in that.

DoM has already won this term and is ready to go. He could have run in the Lockinge which suggests he'll go for this.

Cashmans first up wuth prices:

Duke of Marmalade 6/4
Lucarno 11/4
Red Rocks 3/1
Finsceal Beo 7/2
Halicarnassus 14/1
Arch Rebel 16/1
100s Bar

I know i`m biased, but there is no way that FB should be longer than Lucarno and Red Rocks for this.

He does have the look of a good thing doesn't he. Lucarno has reportedly been working well at home, but even so DoM should do a professional job on them.

Duke of Marmalade isn't a horse I'd want to be steaming into at a short price. I've felt since he got beaten by Strategic Prince at two (and looking backwards to his maiden win) that he was a horse who liked to ensure his jockey earned his money. Nothing he did at 3 has changed me from this view.

There was nothing wrong with his debut run this year so maybe the above no longer holds, if it ever did, with a Brucie bonus that maybe he can show an abnormal improvement from 3 to 4. Which is why I would be happier to back him at 5/1 or 6/1 in a race that his form doesn't necessarily entitle him to win rather than 6/4 or less in a race that he "should" win.

Originally posted by Melendez@May 21 2008, 11:24 AM
Duke of Marmalade isn't a horse I'd want to be steaming into at a short price. I've felt since he got beaten by Strategic Prince at two (and looking backwards to his maiden win) that he was a horse who liked to ensure his jockey earned his money. Nothing he did at 3 has changed me from this view.

There was nothing wrong with his debut run this year so maybe the above no longer holds, if it ever did, with a Brucie bonus that maybe he can show an abnormal improvement from 3 to 4. Which is why I would be happier to back him at 5/1 or 6/1 in a race that his form doesn't necessarily entitle him to win rather than 6/4 or less in a race that he "should" win.
He strikes me as the type to improve with age. I liked him last season and feel he can step up on that again. I would forget about his 2-y-o form he is a different horse now. He represents a safe pair of hands (perhaps hooves) for me this season.

He does have the look of a good thing. Lucarno hasn't run yet this season, and it's a trip probably short of hs best, as it is for Red Rocks. Finsceal Beo doesn't seem the same and the rest not good enough.

You would just like to make sure he is declared to run first. Like someone mentioned, it looks a good opportunity for Soldier Of Fortune to get his Group 1 over 10 furlongs.

Originally posted by Andrew Hurley@May 21 2008, 01:26 PM
Finsceal Beo doesn't seem the same and the rest not good enough.
A little early for that prognosis imo. She ran on really well in Dubai.

Paddy Power go:

4/9 Duke Of Marmalade
4/1 Finsceal Beo
10/1 Red Rock Canyon
12/1 Arch Rebel
20/1 Halicarnassus
50/1 Mooretown Lady

Any angles?

You'd imagine RRC will jump out and Duke Of Marmalade will follow him ala last year Champion Stakes. This time there won't be a Dylan Thomas to pass both of them though.

Back