Tech help

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
For some reason my printer is telling me there is a 'communication error' between it and my laptop. (Maybe it should be a marriage advisor.)

This has happened before and somewhere along the line it usually corrects itself but I've no idea why or how.

It seems a bit more stubborn today and just doesn't seem to want to scan a document I need.

The printer is connected to the laptop because I'm regularly printing off stuff and even did a test page today just to make sure but when I go to scan the document it comes up with the Communication Error message.

It's an Epson XP 630, btw.

Any help appreciated.

Sounds like a USB mis-recognition

1. turn off both
2 turn back on PC
3. Insert USB from your printer to PC
4. Power on printer
5. It should recognise it

Small chance you might need a driver update (but this is unlikely)

Not so much posh as clueless.

QED:

How do I turn on and off my bluetooth?

How do I then force a re-connection?

(Meantime I'll experiment. Learn from mistakes, etc.)

Just looking at it all again, I don't think the printer has Bluetooth. It's connected via WiFi.

I had already checked the laptop settings and Bluetooth was switched on (I switched it off and back on again). I can send documents from the laptop to the printer but it seems the printer won't scan a document to the laptop. It's something I've done dozens of times before. I just don't understand why it won't do it this time.

I'll try a printer driver update.

Cheers, granger.

Been researching this since this morning.

It seems it's a common enough problem but without an easy solution. I've tried downloading new drivers to no avail.

I've come to the conclusion that maybe I haven't used the scanner since I changed laptops last summer. As soon as I connected up the old laptop the printer recognised it straight away and scanned to it.

So I've found a way round my probload for now but not resolved the issue with connecting the scanner function on the printer to the new laptop. As I said before, I've been printing from the new laptop several times a week since I got it last summer.

I phoned the computer shop and will probably have another word with them. They might need to take the hardware in but they're very good.

I cannot 'see' videos on my phone when I attach it to my PC to try and upload them and get them off my phone. The files just don't appear in the folder on the PC - all the pictures are there.
I have very limited storage on my phone and have some videos of BBB from Cheltenham and Muppet brother which I would like to get onto my PC/off my phone to save and free up storage plus copy the videos on a USB to send to a friend that way.
Any ideas please? The phone is old but this has never been an issue before. It's a Samsung Galaxy 111 .
Thank you muchly in advance.

Back