Technical support

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
From An Capall

Hi all - miss you!

For some unknown reason I've been unable to access the TH forum for several months. Bryan (admin) has been trying to help but he too is baffled.

Basically - the forum won't open for me from any device ( 2 x laptops, 2 x phones) or browser (x3) or even Tapatalk. The page just times or errors out.

I was wondering if anybody has encountered this problem before or has a recommended solution they could share? I've never come across this before with any app/forum/page.

I'd delete my account and start again if I could access TH - but that is not an option for me.

Many thanks

An Capall (Colm)

colmgreaves1@hotmail.com

OK so multiple devices, multiple browsers.

So what else could be common to all?

Couple of guesses...

1. The network/broadband provider. Colm's might be the same for laptop and mobile (or he could be using home broadband for both). Try and find someone else using the same provider and see if they get the same. If they do, it's fair proof it's the provider and either they've done something to block the site or the site has done something (possibly sending some sort of 'signal') that the provider doesn't like. A phone call to the provider support would be the next step.

2. Unlikely, given Bryan would probably know. But maybe it's possible Colm has got stuck logged in, something on the site has got corrupted, so each time he navigates the forum is trying to give a 'logged in' response, and can't for some reason. Maybe get someone else (that can navigate and log in) to try using Colm's details.

1 is probably favorite.

***Just saw there's an email, I'll mail this

I am glad this was sorted out. I was scratching my head over this one. :thumbsup:

Back