Techy help please...iPhone

jinnyj

Senior Jockey
So I am utterly hopeless when it comes to anything technical :rolleyes:

My trusty iPhone 6 has developed a really annoying habit in that it keeps sending notifications (I have on silent so only a buzz, but a berludy annoying buzz!) saying there is a voicemail. I have cleared my voicemail. There are none...not even a saved on. And I deleted them rather than just ended the call. But still I get the notifications. I have turned phone on and off. Still happening.

Any ideas, anyone?

I've got a later model, but it's likely to work similarly.

On your front screen, there might/should be a 'settings' icon (if you have lots of icons, it might be on 2nd or even 3rd screen. Just swipe left to see other screens).

Hit that.

Then you're looking for something that says 'sounds and haptics' (maybe just 'sounds' on an older phone)

On the 'sounds and haptics' screen, there are a number of options. There might be a section headed 'sounds and vibration'

On mine, there is a line that says 'new voicemail'

And going into that lets me turn off vibration and also select 'none' as the notification tone.

Last edited:
If you get stuck and can't find a solution, we could probably do a video conference call, and you could just hold the phone in front of the screen so I can see it.

I used to be a telephone engineer...although when I started, the switchboards were still using the old cotton covered cords and plugs :-)

Those old skills are no good with today's mobiles, of course. But I could probably work out what to press.

It’s stopped the buzzing which is a definite bonus but the notifications are still popping up. So that’s me a bit stuck! Yes I can do a Zoom call?

I'll pm you my mobile number and maybe we can talk early in the morning, say 9 or 10. And we can set up a call then. Is that suitable?

Back