Temple Stakes

Venusian

At the Start
I think it could be Dandy Man's race, with ground conditions in his favour, a decent drawn and seemingly working well.

He's been a bit of a talking horse over the last year or so, but it looks set up for him today.

Originally posted by Venusian@May 24 2008, 01:03 PM

He's been a bit of a talking horse over the last year or so, but it looks set up for him today.
Agreed. Got 100/30 with Corals.

This 5f is almost as stiff as Ascot and i reckon that will be the deciding factor. The filly is a daft price with a penalty.

You beat me, I only got 3/1. Whether it's value or not will probably be determined by how Frankie does in the earlier races.

Looks a tricky race, long been a Dandy Man fan but have given up backing the horse. Desert Lord looks the safest bet to me.

I have been a fan of the horse since the early days but for every unlucky run there has been a shocker to match it.Possibly he wont improve all that much for changing stable.

Agree that the filly has it all to do. Dandy man most likely though lack of confidence in the trainer curtails my stake.

Desert Lord has his optimum conditions. Sprint races last night suggested they'll come stand side and from stall 10 I think he'll get the run of the race. What excuses did Dandy Man have for finishing behind him in the Nunthorpe at York last year? I think he's a cracking bet at 8/1.

Having said I had a lack of confidence in bin Suroor I have just had 2 nice wins backing Godolphin horses. Upping stakes on Dandy Man.

You've pretty much said it all, TS - one hell of a performance and with the weights against her too. Broke the track record by about a second too.

Thanks SL

Some good 3yo sprinters this year with the Palace House winner too, but I have to ask this question now.

How amazing is Natagora?

fleeting spirit ran en excellent race

I think Natagora is clearly an outstanding filly probably better than she showed at newmarket

but i dont think nadooth will be boosting the 1000gns form tommorrow she looked unlucky i think she flattered to deceive a fastewr run race tommorrow will see her unplaced again

Dandy Man lost a shoe during the race, which may explain why he was jinking around about half-way.

Superb performance by the winner.

Originally posted by Irish Stamp@May 24 2008, 02:47 PM
How amazing is Natagora?
That was my thought exactly - and I was kicking myself after the race for not having a bet, at that price! The two of them were well clear last autumn, from what I remember. It was especially impressive as she got a bit left behind out of the stalls

I think what we saw yesterday has nothing in relation to Natagora

in my figures for this year:
Natagora: 113+
Fleeting spirit 131+

Originally posted by sunybay@May 25 2008, 08:56 AM
I think what we saw yesterday has nothing in relation to Natagora

in my figures for this year:
Natagora: 113+
Fleeting spirit 131+
Agreed, although Natagora is likely to improve considerably on her Guineas run. Fleeting Spirit has clearly improved hugely from 2 to 3.

Originally posted by sunybay@May 25 2008, 08:56 AM

Fleeting spirit 131+
She was mighty impressive and i suppose she comes out 14lbs or so in front of the second given the ease she won by and by virtue of the fact that she had a penalty to carry. But one can`t honestly rate Borderlesscott more than 113 surely.

Back