Ten To Follow... shocking decision

SteveM

At the Start
I‘ve complained about the TTF offering less choice this year reducing the number of horses from 1,000 to 500 to just 250. Half the horse I want to include aren’t on the list. More than ever this season horses will be winning big races that aren’t there.

I complained about the Guineas being excluded last year and they have been reinstated this year. So if enough of you complain they will probably take notice.

In the old days you could even include up to five horses per list that weren’t in the list of 1,000.

I would have probably gone very close to winning last year rather than finish 28th as everyone had Henrythenavigator after the Guineas, but he was in 90% of my planned lists prior to the race. That’s life though.

Still time to get your entries in.

Decided against. The lack of scope is a big negative now i`ve thought about it. I remember including Manduro when he was but a 3yo in Germany and although he didn`t get any points the fact that you could have horses that not many of your competitors included made it seem more of a challenge and a buzz.

If the competition was restricted to online entries, there would be no reason why you couldn't choose any horse you wanted.

it's a typical shambles - the Flat comp is never my favourite but only 250 horses makes a mockery of it. Be interesting to see how many entries they get in.

Back