"That's one small splash for talking horses, a giant leap for mankind"

• Thread starter Thread starter FrogTheBountyMuncher
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FrogTheBountyMuncher

This thread will be used for me to post my tips on a daily basis, using expert analysis. At the moment, I have no looked at the race-cards for tomorrow but I will focus on those later tonight.

Will this only be until Monday? I'm just sceptical that you'll be able to keep upto date with the form when you're back at school?

Sorry nothing today folks, very poor racing which only an eejit would want to bet in.

Come on boys get with it, laying these yolks will make us a fortune!

Well I am prepared to give the thread the respect it deserves and post a tip on the absent toad's behalf;

Never buy a dwarf with learning difficulties.
Because it's not big and it's not clever *

* no dwarves - or toads for that matter - were hurt during the rehashing of this age old "joke"

Last edited:
The art of finding a winning bet is to understand how the race is going to shape up, with a pinch of luck and a dash of bravery it's possible to land a solid bet.

Today I will show you the art of analyzing the potential speed in a race. The idea is that, leaders/chasers dropping down in distance are more often going to go off at a stronger pace in comparison to leaders/chasers stepping up in distance who result in slow races.

Let me take you through the 3:10 at Lingfield.

We have leaders/chasers in Noble Deed & Kyllachy Rise stepping down from 7f to 6f today. These two horses will go off a a strong pace, they are likely to take each other on.

Ideally we'd want something chasing in behind who is used to going quick fractions, i.e a 5f horse. That would be Perfect Pasture who is currently 11/4.

I would assume that Perfect Pasture has a history of leading early around the 4f pole in races over 5f, I think this horse will carry the strong pace to the final furlong pole when he'll be weakening dramatically.

There's a lot of pace pressure in the race, it will require a lot of stamina and I can see the usual 5-6f horses being found out here and we need something that gets a medium/fast run 7f from a rear position.

This should really set the race up for Naagheba, who has recently won a claimer in a slow to medium run affair which has worked out. The claiming route is a good boost for a horses confidence, it's over looked by punters especially when a good horse runs in them, they are considered dead meat.

Ben Curtis is a talented Irish Jockey, he needs patience here, entering the last furlong he should still be sitting last if he wants any chance of a victory here and it will be a test of his patience.

£100 EW @ 14/1 (BET365 1/4 PLACE)

Possibly could have placed if he come off the far rail.

Nice contribution Frog and good luck.

You did me me a favour as I never knew Perfect Pasture was running.

Last edited:
Thanks, 1 selection up, 1 selection down, you can't knock me on that. A.P McCoy doesnt have 100% win ratio but still the greatest jockey in the country.

Give it time, the rewards will come.

Hope I can win enough before the bookies start to close my accounts Frog

Thanks guys, I know I've not been the easiest of customers but I really hope I can bring some expertise, fun and enthusiasm. I would like 30 pages by the end of January, 10 winners, 8 places and around 35 bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back