The 2021 Punchestown Festival Tues April 27th - Sat May 1st

I see Klassical Dream entered for the Champion Hurdle and the Stayers Hurdle.

Also last season's Triumph winner Burning Victory is entered in the mare's Hurdle.

Shisken is entered in the 2m novice chase but I can't see him running.

I see Klassical Dream entered for the Champion Hurdle and the Stayers Hurdle.

Also last season's Triumph winner Burning Victory is entered in the mare's Hurdle.

Shisken is entered in the 2m novice chase but I can't see him running.

Hendo said that was it for the season regarding Shiskin on Saturday.

Tiger Roll has an entry in the Ladbrokes Gold Cup against the winners of the last three Cheltenham Gold Cups as well this year's Ryanair Chase winner. :ninja:

I logged in expecting to find pages of comments on the Monkfish v Envoi Allen match....has to be the biggest thing since Kauto v Denman but for some reason there's little or no interest...Anyway I reckon Monkfish could be grossly overrated despite him looking the part so far. He looks huge..maybe even too big whereas Envoi Allen looks a compact bundle of class..Monkfish is fav but I am on the side of Envoi Allen who I ecpect to win easily...I did say the same about Kauto so nothing to say I an not wrong again...either way this is the race of the season imo

Last edited:
I logged in expecting to find pages of comments on the Monkfish v Envoi Allen match....has to be the biggest thing since Kauto v Denman but for some reason there's little or no interest...Anyway I reckon Monkfish could be grossly overrated despite him looking the part so far. He looks huge..maybe even too big whereas Envoi Allen looks a compact bundle of class..Monkfish is fav but I am on the side of Envoi Allen who I ecpect to win easily...I did say the same about Kauto so nothing to say I an not wrong again...either way this is the race of the season imo

looking forward to it but lets not say a 4 runner novice race at the tail end of the season is the biggest since kauto v denman please

Novices they may be but these novices are held in such high regard they already dominate the 2022 Gold Cup betting.

Refresh my memory please...what was the last novice to be Gold Cup fav a year before the race...

A proper clash

The week will do well to live up to the DRF but what a start and credit to Henry for not taking the easy route

Agree but then he keeps winning so maybe Mullins should be the one we should be giving credit to...clashes like this are extremely rare thats for sure...the norm is to keep them apart until the big day and scoop up all the weaker contested prize money they can

Last edited:
Novices they may be but these novices are held in such high regard they already dominate the 2022 Gold Cup betting.

Refresh my memory please...what was the last novice to be Gold Cup fav a year before the race...

be hard to find the actual data on this but most rsa winners are around the top of the gold cup betting following the festival

pretty certain presenting percy was fave after his rsa win and that was only 3 years ago.

also don't think a 4/1 and 8/1 shot in a race "dominate the betting"

Punchestown would be better if they cut it to a 4 day meeting

Just looked at Tuesday's decs, 2 good races out of 8 just doesn't do it for me

Too many dross races

Back