The Big Orse

Sara

At the Start
I'm copying my post here which I tucked into the Celestial thread:

<< Regarding the last at Newbury, I'm really hoping for a win from The Big Orse, I spotted him in the paddock fto last season when he was 3rd to Helen's Vision and Snap Tie. He looked quite something and I saw in the racecard he was half brother to Collier Hill - so I backed him e/w at 50/1!! :clap:

He's a bit shorter today but still overpriced imo - due to unfashionable connections maybe >>

He just won by 10 + lengths, a pillar to post victory, I tell you this horse is really something, he took my breath away on sight last March and today proved his run fto was no fluke... Wonder where he will go now...

Impressive, very big and quite clearly very good. One to keep a close eye on for me. Never moved out of 2nd gear today.

It was an impressive win, HS. Well spotted.

Another horse that caught my eye today at Newbury was Moon Over Miami. Another Big Oss - he really stood out in the paddock. He was on his toes in the parade ring but was well settled once he was down at the start and definitely caught my eye on the track.

the big orse i thought was very impressive but i think they should look towards hurdles/fences for him rather than the better bumpers

i thought moon over miamis victory was more due to big bucks jumping errors
than any special ability both dont seem anything special

Back