The Cheltenham Song

It is a good cause and perhaps the only chance for racing to get in the charts ..... :lol: Ah why not, buy it for f sake.

Funny how many people they had in the studio just to sing the chorus though ... I thought they might get to do a little bit more than that.

Sorry, Tracks. I should, of course, have said "So, through which method of the communicative media can this song be accessed aurally?" I'll try to be more precise in future. Meantime... thanks for the link! :D

Looked like they had plenty of fun with it.

Last edited:
I thought I'd be cringing when I heard it, but it's not too bad at all and could easily take off in 21 Club!!

In fairness, the night of the 2005 Champion Hurdle I was pretty sure I was about to take off in the 21 Club.

Anybody doing the four days will be sick to death of it by Stayers day. Nap.

“Listen to the music of the good old Irish voices,”… oh dear. A good cause?… it would have to be. :(

In fairness, the night of the 2005 Champion Hurdle I was pretty sure I was about to take off in the 21 Club.

Anybody doing the four days will be sick to death of it by Stayers day. Nap.

Rich Davies will have to download it for the Festival. He got a mention in the Irish Field twice, by gillian Walsh last week and Elaine Taaffe on Saturday. He will be well chuffed with the advertising and he may even be serving food in there this year to feed the hungry Irish masses after racing!!

Sarah Kennedy played this the other morning (on the radio) - have to say, its not half as bad as I was expecting - am I just getting old ??!!!

Not at all. I heard it as well. Have heard a lot worse. Might not make number 1 but, so what? Trash that we have to listen to these days...mutter....

My dad called me out to listen to it on Radio 2 the other morning, I thought I was hearing things.
It made him laugh though.
If it's for charity, good luck to them!! I've done much worse for worthy causes! :o

Funnily enough I saw the 'trailer' first on C4 racing and then the same evening I channel hopped onto a movie, I think it was JAWS (2), and 'Downtown' was being sung at the start of this movie.

Coincidence or racing authority planning?

MR2

Back