The Fighting Fifth

EC1

On a break
This race looks tailormade for my old friend Celestial Halo

The last time Overturn set a nice pace for CH it brought out one of CH's best runs..Overturn is a big key to CH winning this imo..he will give a good lead ..which CH needs at this distance..the pace and the stiff Newcastle straight will really play into his hands. Overturn needs faster ground than today's so i don't see him hanging on here.

Binocular has needed his first run back for the last two seasons..and is a better horse on Good ground.

i know most of you think he's a donkey..but this race is perfect for him.

Last edited:
If Binocular gets beat in this, and his first time out record isn't great as you say, it'll be interesting to see where his CH odds go. 14s+ and I'll be stepping in.

This race looks tailormade for my old friend Celestial Halo

The last time Overturn set a nice pace for CH it brought out one of CH's best runs..Overturn is a big key to CH winning this imo..he will give a good lead ..which CH needs at this distance..the pace and the stiff Newcastle straight will really play into his hands. Overturn needs faster ground than today's so i don't see him hanging on here.

Binocular has needed his first run back for the last two seasons..and is a better horse on Good ground.

i know most of you think he's a donkey..but this race is perfect for him.

Silly bloody phone, this again is a huge race in Celestial Halos season whereas it is a starting poInt for Binocular and an afterthought for Overturn. CH is over priced for this.

Last edited:
Personally I think Oscar Whisky is a better horse than Grandouet so that would give the edge to Overturn in this for me.

Personally I think Oscar Whisky is a better horse than Grandouet so that would give the edge to Overturn in this for me.

the OW form was on faster ground though..key to overturn is the ground..the slog at Newcastle in slow won't play to strength..obviously might win it..but form says struggle

I'd agree with the ground angle for Overturn.Can see Overturn going out in front with Celestial tracking it, either CH goes by when Overturn starts treading water and nicks it or Binocular swallows them both up.

Tremendous stuff from Overturn, he really is a fantastic horse and a great advert for his trainer.

CH was under pressure too far out for that to be his true form.

Binocular was reported to be back to his best..forget the CH then

should have just layed Binocular

Wahoo. That was brilliant. Tremendously tough horse and he'll now go straight to the Champion. I wouldn't think he'd be up to winning that, but he might place. This is why I love National Hunt Racing and the afternoon has only just begun. Up next we have Big Buck's and then the Hennessy. What a dream.

CH was under pressure too far out for that to be his true form.

Binocular was reported to be back to his best..forget the CH then

should have just layed Binocular

I know we have been here before but Celestial Halo isn't a grade 1 horse these days.

I know we have been here before but Celestial Halo isn't a grade 1 horse these days.

easy to pass comment afterwards;)

he didn't run his race though Luke

Binocular isn't either by the looks of it..Steve said the stable had him back to his best..which I doubted anyway..but he would prefer better ground for sure..but still should have passed the winner..who doesn't relish that ground either

Towards the end of their coverage yesterday, one of the ATR presenters said that in an interview Tony McCoy had been less than complimentary about Binocular's attitude.

Did anyone hear/see that interview? I missed everything after 4.00pm.

In hindsight Overturn was a slaughter job at 7/2 early prices. The ground didn't seem as bad as first reported. He was the genuine horse in form against the two never really sure what you are going to get horses.

easy to pass comment afterwards;)

he didn't run his race though Luke

Binocular isn't either by the looks of it..Steve said the stable had him back to his best..which I doubted anyway..but he would prefer better ground for sure..but still should have passed the winner..who doesn't relish that ground either

I expected more than that from Binocular. Overturn was competent but Binocular should have been able to beat him. As it was he was well beaten.

Back