The hottest 2yo maiden in Ireland this year

LUKE

Senior Jockey
Chabal's win at Leopardstown.Within 12 days the winner has finished second in a Group 1 and is being aimed at the Dewhurst.The 7th and the 11th have both won their maidens.A race worth looking at closely.

So did I but the best connected punter that I know told me last week that he had a significant punt on Dynasty and that he was expected to win.I spent a lot of time around the parade ring before this race to see what was going on and got a really good vibe about a horse called Armour -I was telling the brother yesterday that if he was aimed at a Dundalk maiden he would be a max bet.Came home tonight to discover that he had won at Wolverhampton.

I know the runner up was beaten last weekend - he looks a professional loser to me -the 3rd Dynasty is the Ballydoyle second string in the Timeform race at Newmarket.I will be having a nice ew bet.

Looks the type of race he could run very well in, though it would take someone braver than me to back him to win it!

Atlantis Star is interesting at 8's; the form of his last run at Goodwood reads quite nicely in the context of this race (as does the form of his Chester second previous to that). He looks a shade big in comparison to Alfred Nobel and Markaazi.

I would make Alfred Nobel a max place lay at even money or shorter.He has been on the go a long time and supposedly had a neck injury the last day.Doesn't appeal on fast ground.

Broke one of my golden rules about betting the night before- 20/1 1/4 odds a place.He might be the type to stick in an ew double with Youmzain.

Looks the type of race he could run very well in, though it would take someone braver than me to back him to win it!

Atlantis Star is interesting at 8's; the form of his last run at Goodwood reads quite nicely in the context of this race (as does the form of his Chester second previous to that). He looks a shade big in comparison to Alfred Nobel and Markaazi.

Bang on the button imo.

Dynasty got off the mark at Dundalk on Friday night over an inadequate 6 furlongs.He could be Group 3 horse next season if he isn't sacrificed for pacemaking duties.
The runner up was beaten by todays Group 1 winner in France in a Gowran maiden.

Back