The Iron Horse..

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
..Mark II misses the Champion.

Crowded House has been ruled out of next month's Champion Stakes as connections ponder whether to run the colt again:blink: this season.

Jamie McCalmont, racing manager to the owner:
He's not going to be ready for the Champion Stakes but will remain at Manton

Fair enough, it must be tough keeping a horse at it all season long.

Not sure what the point is. Every major stable has had horses that have not been able to run for long period for whatever reason

It is unfortunate for them it is one of their stars

Having said that, would be nice to know some details...

:D @ Euro

If we had a proper trade paper with an independent editorial, there would be a damning appraisal of Meehan's campaigning of this horse tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reading between the lines "We realise now he isn't actually that good so we probably won't bother running him because he'll continue to be exposed for the average animal he is and that will affect his value"

Not sure what the point is. Every major stable has had horses that have not been able to run for long period for whatever reason

It is unfortunate for them it is one of their stars

Having said that, would be nice to know some details...

The horse was fit and well in the Summer but Meehan wouldn't run him.

Ahhh fair enough Hamm. For some reason i assumed there had been problems all along

Aragon is probably right and sadly thats the nature of the sport isnt it?

He was never gonna be a superstar I suppose but I though he ran quite promisingly in the Derby. Spencer had him too far back is all.

The horse was fit and well in the Summer but Meehan wouldn't run him.

Not neceaasrily true. Meehan said he was fit and well. He said the same about David Junior when that horse was off after the Eclipse and we know what happened to him at the Breeders' Cup.

Back