The Leger

Guest_

At the Start
First of the recognised trials up today...

Current list of entries for the final Classic:

Address Unknown
Al Zir (USA)
Anhar (USA)
Arctic Cosmos (USA)
At First Sight (IRE)
Await The Dawn (USA)
Battleoftrafalgar
Bright Horizon
Buzzword
Cape Blanco (IRE)
Corsica (IRE)
Dancing David (IRE)
Dandino
Dreamspeed (IRE)
Dubawi Phantom
Fencing Master
Flying Cross (IRE)
Harris Tweed
Into Wain (USA)
Joshua Tree (IRE)
Layali Al Andalus
Midas Touch
Momkinzain (USA)
Monterey (IRE)
Monterosso
Rebel Soldier (IRE)
Rewilding
Scottish Reel (IRE)
Simon de Montfort (IRE)
St Nicholas Abbey (IRE)
Ted Spread
Theology
Total Command
Very Good Day (FR)
Vibrant Force (USA)
Vulcanite (IRE)
Hibaayeb
Meeznah (USA)
Miss Jean Brodie (USA)
Myplacelater
Snow Fairy (IRE)
Wedding March (IRE)

I really have not got a clue. The end of August would be the deadline in my head. After that I would be thinking thats it.

Voltigeur entries...

Await The Dawn (USA) 3.c
Bright Horizon 3.c
Buzzword 3.c
Corsica (IRE) 3.c
Dancing David (IRE) 3.c
Dandino 3.c
Flying Cross (IRE) 3.c
Harris Tweed 3.c
Joshua Tree (IRE) 3.c
Lyssio (GER) 3.c
Midas Touch 3.c
Momkinzain (USA) 3.c
Monterosso 3.c
Rebel Soldier (IRE) 3.c
Rewilding 3.c
Simenon (IRE) 3.g
Ted Spread 3.c
Total Command 3.c

You would need to have a good look at Rewilding pre-race before placing a bet on this race..

Someone made a comment about Rewilding before the Derby about how backward he looked compared to the other horses, and how much better he would be later in the season. Can't see Harris Tweed getting into the Ebor with 8.5.

Someone made a comment about Rewilding before the Derby about how backward he looked compared to the other horses, and how much better he would be later in the season. Can't see Harris Tweed getting into the Ebor with 8.5.

I thought Rewilding looked way too light prior to the Derby and was amazing the the RUK guy (cannot remember his name) thought he looked good.

No surprise to see the horse have a long lay off after The Derby.

Very much touch and go. The cut off point is around the 91 mark (i.e 103 for a 3-y-o) which puts Harris Tweed right on the cusp.

I thought Rewilding looked way too light prior to the Derby and was amazing the the RUK guy (cannot remember his name) thought he looked good.

No surprise to see the horse have a long lay off after The Derby.

Agree, but I would bet he'll be similar again ... hope not, but Godolphin often seem to have their horses in this kind of state..

Ladbrokes Prices…..

Rewilding 3/1
Midas Touch 7/2
Rebel Soldier 4/1
Dandino 5/1
Monterosso 8/1
Joashua Tree 10/1
Total Command 14/1
Buzzword 16/1
Flying Cross 16/1 (nice to see this one back)
20/1 bar

Boring, but I think it's hard to see past the front 2, and their prices are more than fair.

That's right. My heart sank when he said it because I'd backed him. Interesting to see how he looks next time out.

Rewilding looks to have a very solid chance today with the ground likely to be in his favour and with Midas Touch carrying a penalty.

He's a more than fair price at 2s. If he runs his race, and there's no reason to think he won't, then he'll be very hard to beat. Would be good to not see him so light though before placing a bet.

I'm looking at this race and can't see how Rewilding isn't about 13/8. He has to carry 3lbs less than Midas Touch who he has already beat at Epsom when arguably everything was against him. York will undoubtedly suit the horse and the only worry is like you said Hamm is if he comes in light. However cant see that being an issue when he has had such a nice long break since epsom.

What's more who is likely to leave their horse with improvement to come in a trial Ballydoyle or Godolphin? Rewilding looks better and better to me.

I think Midas Touch is a more solid option than the Godolphin horse. He probably doesn't have the same amount of scope as Rewilding, but has already proved that he has improved considerably from the Derby at the Curragh which Rewilding hasn't.

The obvious worry is that if Rewilding has improved from Epsom he probably possesses a turn of foot that that would probably put Midas Touch doesn't. All in all though, I couldn't be backing a Godolphin horse with so much to prove in these circumstances. I could just as easily see him go backwards than making a signifcant leap forwards from the Derby.

Last edited:
Back