The Limit

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruce_Savage
  • Start date Start date
B

Bruce_Savage

Too many threads by me today but I have too many questions! I promise this will be the last one as I've yet to reply to the others.

I was thinking when reading the form of a horse, at what point does a trainer or owner come to the conlusion that a horse can no longer progress and find out their relative level of ability?

Would the journey to the highest offical rating be a testing ground to finding the horses level of ability whilst the journey back down from that rating is where you can begin to play havoc with the handicapper?

There must be a point when a trainer or owner gives up faith in there horse, at what point would you find this in the form book?

I can help you with two direct leads on this thread, Bruce. Always best to go to the most experienced sources, I feel. Barney Curley, tel. no. 01638 668755, at one end of the spectrum, and Sir Bloody (aka Mark Prescott) at the other, on 01638 662117.

It's amazing how persistent trainers are with entering horses on wrong ground and suitable tracks etc,but form students will be picking up on this if they're anygood.A lot of these gambles are put to stables having a touch,i don't agree there are so many waiting for horses and ideal conditions that these people putting in the hours are making the gambles.Half the time i wouldn;t be surprised if the stable havn;t even backed them.:lol:
There's a horse i;ve been waiting to run at beverley for two seasons baybshambles,if you look at the horses form at beverley and last two seasons its almost inexpilcable where the trainer has been running it.It amlost looks deliberate as its form there is far superior than to anywhere else,yet the trainer still won't run it there.It's either a deliberate 2yr wait or the trainers a numbnut i favour the latter.

Back