The Morning Line

He did not say whether the views of the viewers might have been influential in an upgrade of the programme, and if not why not, be interesting to see just how many changes they make.

The ML doesn't bother me, but their flat team really does. Cattermole and Ramsden are tolerable in very small doses. Not for three and five day meetings.

The suggested re-vamp sounds like a retrograde step to me. What does Matt Dawson know about racing? Probably an awful lot less than John Parrott, and he (Parrott) is a woeful presenter.

Giving McCririck more exposure is the worst thing imaginable.

I don't see any problem with people with no racing knowledge presenting these shows as long as they are good presenters but Matt Dawson isn't one of those either. Cattermole is ok at presenting the morning line but he's desperate in the afternoons. Spencer is just a total joke, in the words of Alan Partridge she "couldn't present a.... cat."

The Morning Line will never appeal to people who don't already like racing though, who the f*ck is going to get up at 8 in the morning on a weekend just to watch Matt Dawson and John McCririck chat about a sport they don't understand

The only one of the four who might be described as watchable is Down and he is completely up his on arse...................the other three are total airheads.

His [Franklin's] wish-list includes decimalised odds, a more theatrical delivery of photo-finish results and greater willingness from racing professionals to make themselves available for interview.

I agree with 1 and 3, but WTF is "a more theatrical delivery of photo-finish results"?

Please, please, spare us the gruesomely contrived delivery of an X-Factor or Big Brother (besides, can you imagine how much hoovering of prices there would be in the 30-second delay by those in the know?)

Ladies and gentlemen.......................................................

The winner of the photo finish is.........................................

................(local brass band does a fanfare for 30 seconds....

...................................................................................

.....(meanwhile the connections of those involved in the p/f are standing side by side in the winer's circle nervously looking at their shoes or at the sky).....

Last edited:
Theatricals, give me a break. Do away with photo's. Connections of horses involved in close finishes could be made to give speeches to explain how much winning would mean to them, the most tearful and puke inducing to be given the race.

It's the future and you are welcome to it.

Oh yes, please, Bloodnok - including references to 'the journey' they've been on, and how they owe everything to their dear Mum, their brave auntie 'fighting' obesity, their six kids, and their late grampa (eyes cast briefly heavenwards), who's no doubt guiding them with their bets and horses.

Back