The New One question

wilhelm

At the Start
One of my friends in the local pub reckons this horse was the biggest shirker ever? Is this true? Used to back him now and again myself...thought he was straight enough...any ideas...

Was game, genuine and Grade 2 class over 2 miles (legit, if uninspiring, G1 horse over 2m4f).

His win in the old Neptune 2013 marked him out as a horse of great promise. I think the racing public were deceived from that point, but his career does stand up; not quite to the level it once promised, however. I think he also carried a “kissing spine” injury for a season at his peak. It’s not like he was ungenuine and shirked a battle: he just wasn’t quite good enough.

Needed a strong pace or heavy ground to feature at 2M, but was never helped by his jockey, who was pace clueless.

Looked better than he was when winning the Neptune v two stayers

Couldn't live up to that expectation level in terms of an individual championship race but a thoroughly consistent and likeable horse

Owners dream

Get a wiser friend :)

I agree. TNO is a genuine horse that’s just short of top class.

Despite that I’d be sure Twiston-Davies is utterly convinced he’ll win the 2020 Champion Hurdle. :lol:

One of my friends in the local pub reckons this horse was the biggest shirker ever? Is this true? Used to back him now and again myself...thought he was straight enough...any ideas...

Any ideas ?

Get a new friend.

Back