The Oldest Horse Currently In (flat) Training

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
K

Kathy

It always makes me smile, when I see Sharp Hat entered for races. What a faithful servant he continues to be to his connections. He is 13 years old and surely must be one of the oldest flat horses currently in training in the UK.

Does anyone know which is the oldest horse currently in training on the flat, assuming it isn't Sharp Hat.

I would be intrigued, if any ones knows, which would be the oldest horse currently running under NH rules, too.

Dancing Mystery is still going strong and he is two days younger than Sharp Hat.

Rolfes Delight (who ran in the first at Newton Abbot today) is 15,he maybe the elder statesman of the NH scene at the mo.

That's a good shout Garney and although he hasn't ran I think he has had race entries recently.

15yo Walters Destiny will no doubt be out again when Wincanton's season starts again.

The oldest horse to win a race of any description this year was the 17yo Bold Navigator who won his Members race at the Jedforest P2P meeting back in February, while the 16yo Demasta won two races and was runner-up once from four outings in 2007.

Happy Hussar won the seller at NA on Sunday by 18 lengths from Liberman! Started 25/1 - wish I'd been on... HH is 14 now

Dr Pritchard didn't lose him, but did claim the 11 yr old favourite Admiral Peary off Edgy after the race - the horse had unseated AP :rolleyes:

Good old Dancing Mystery showed again today that he is no back number with an excellent third at Salisbury.
Will Southwell be ready in time for him to run during the winter months though.

P wouldnt dare lose Happy - hed be in more trouble ( from at least 3 directions) than he could imagine.....

A P is going nervous chasing...

Originally posted by Arkwright@Sep 6 2007, 04:00 PM
Good old Dancing Mystery showed again today that he is no back number with an excellent third at Salisbury.
Will Southwell be ready in time for him to run during the winter months though.
And has just gone two better at Warwick,brilliant!!!

How can this thread continue without mention of that brilliant Galway regular Half Barrell..placed there again last weekend aged 15

12 yo Kylkenny is running at Southwell today. Hughie Morrison just explaining on ATR what a great servant he is to the yard and how there will always be a job for him when he eventualy retires as long as he can trot! :D

And Dancing Mystery runs tonight at Kempton, would imagine all being well he'll be in action at Southwell soon.

Back