The Road to the Road to the Champ Hurdle Thread

Bar the Bull

At the Start
With the Road to the Champion Hurdle potentially only hours away, and last year's creator Galileo unable to defend his title, who do you fancy to do the business this year?

Granger, Grasshopper and Hamm are ante-post favourites, but I give a squeak to second-season novice On the Bridle and grizzled veteran Gamla Stan.

I'd have thought EC1 was a handicapper stepping up into open company for the second time. After the all merciful hammering he took last year where Grassy gave him a new pair of earrings (gelded him), I would fancy him to use the road to CH thread as a platform to his road to redemption.

Gamla Stan and NH Racing?!

Grasshopper will be last, caught asleep on his couch after smoking too much.

EC1's maths books will weight him down.

On the Bridle will flop under the pressure knowing his huge wager on himself going south will result in 6 months of sainsbury's own label baked beans and price reduced bread.

Spirit Son (Hamm) will run Hurricane Fly (Granger) down late on.

Last edited:
Apparently the formerly well bred colts like to wear their left testicle on their right ear and vice versa.

Now that Galileo has been ruled out, I have had a sneaky bet on him at 999/1. Weve seen this sort of thing before.

Zarkandar and Grandouet are the two that interest me at the moment, I have a feeling the Triumph was above average this year and with Al Ferof going Novice Chasing (he beat Spirit Son in the Supreme) Nicholls must feel Zarkandar is the better 2m Hurdler and the Champion Hurdle is the target for now. Grandouet looks as good as Zarkandar and may have beaten him at Aintree before looking the business at Punchestown. 12/1 and 33/1.

Hurricane Fly - price too short but obviously the one to beat.

Back