The Whitbread

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
Or whatever it's now called.

I'm doing my trawl of the weights tonight but it's already intriguing me.

Clan Des Obeaux is top weight off 169 so all bar seven are scheduled to be running out of the handicap.

Brilliant for the race if he runs. I'd love to see him trying to make all and staying well.

Soldier Of Love is also engaged. Was this the plan all along with Ayr just a prep?

Only one Irish entry, as far as I can see, Plan Of Attack (9-10) for HdB.

Very interesting.crosshue boy is irish as well but 11yr old.
Nicholls has 2 others which are just in the weights so it would benefit them if CDO runs.does look like a plot with soldier of love.

It never occurred to me ahead of Ayr to check if SOL was entered for this. I've stood next to Nicholls at Ayr when one of his won the Scottish National. The race means a lot to him, believe me. I was gobsmacked that the horse stopped so quickly after one relatively minor error the other day.

And the Ayr race was worth £20k more to the winner than this Saturday's race.

The more I look at the race the more I'm coming round to the idea that Clan Des Obeaux wins.

Nothing in the field will get him out of his comfort zone. He could do a Crisp for 3m5f.

Anyway, I have this doctor's appointment later today...

It never occurred to me ahead of Ayr to check if SOL was entered for this. I've stood next to Nicholls at Ayr when one of his won the Scottish National. The race means a lot to him, believe me. I was gobsmacked that the horse stopped so quickly after one relatively minor error the other day.

And the Ayr race was worth £20k more to the winner than this Saturday's race.
They all had a horror journey up there, which goes some way to explaining their performances. He usually farms the meeting.

In what way was it a 'horror' journey, Bonjers?

I haven't read anything.
He's said it took 12 hours to get there and they arrived much later than anticipated and were ruing not travelling on the Thursday.

I mean I wish he'd come out and said that beforehand as I went heavy on Tamaroc and his runner in the bumper. They all ran like they'd spent the morning with Viking Hoard.

The more I look at the race the more I'm coming round to the idea that Clan Des Obeaux wins.

Nothing in the field will get him out of his comfort zone. He could do a Crisp for 3m5f.

Anyway, I have this doctor's appointment later today...
Horse goes best fresh, needs time between races.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

He's said it took 12 hours to get there and they arrived much later than anticipated and were ruing not travelling on the Thursday.

I mean I wish he'd come out and said that beforehand as I went heavy on Tamaroc and his runner in the bumper. They all ran like they'd spent the morning with Viking Hoard.

Yeah that would have been nice if he'd had said something beforehand.

Wouldn't it normally take 12 hours for that journey? Google directions say seven and a half hours but I wouldn't believe that. I 'm an hour before Ayr and I reckon I'd struggle to get to London in eight hours. Maybe the motorways down the west are easier but surely the horseboxes would be restricted to 60mph?

PN on Twitter

After discussions with the owners of Clan Des Obeaux we have decided that we are going to supplement him for the Punchestown Gold cup next wednesday and run him there and not at Sandown.

Wouldn't it normally take 12 hours for that journey? Google directions say seven and a half hours but I wouldn't believe that. I 'm an hour before Ayr and I reckon I'd struggle to get to London in eight hours. Maybe the motorways down the west are easier but surely the horseboxes would be restricted to 60mph?
They said 9 hours would be the norm with the speed restrictions on the trucks. Clear as day that the horses were all absolutely well off it.

Cap du Nord is overpriced @ 40s on the machine I think, the form of his last three runs is very strong although he does appear to be the stables second string there is no way he goes off that big

Cap du Nord is overpriced @ 40s on the machine I think, the form of his last three runs is very strong although he does appear to be the stables second string there is no way he goes off that big

I've been following him all season and don't think A.) He jumps well enough or B.) He'll stay.

Cue he bolts up on Saturday!

CDN has very good form but I share doubts about trip and ground. I thought he was a good thing in one of those races but it looked to me like he didn't quite get home.

Unless, of course, this has been the plan since the Royale Pagaille race and they were just making it look that way...

:)

I've been following him all season and don't think A.) He jumps well enough or B.) He'll stay.

Cue he bolts up on Saturday!

I would certainly share your concerns from a jumping perspective but not enough to put me off at 39/1 - Christian Williams has confirmed on twitter as well that he is an intended runner. I would expect to be able to lay it off for a free bet on the morning of the race.

Back