This Year's Festival Magazine

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Got my hands on a copy early this year, nice light reading to get one in the mood for the best four days racing of the year for me.

There's a list of some old favourites who have gone on to fulfill new roles taking part in a parade at 12.30 on the opening day when hopefully we will see Hardy Eustace, Brave Inca, War Of Attrition, Harchibald, Beef Or Salmon, Hussard Collonges, Earth Mover, Looks Like Trouble, Make A Stand, Bindaree and Master Oats.

By then you should have got your hands on a free Centenary Bowler hat :ninja:
whereas on Wednesday the freebies are goody bags for the ladies:blink:

The mag has articles on Team McCoy featuring everyone who looks after him, a review of a book written by Robin Oakley about the first one hundred years called The Cheltenham Festival , a feature on Emma Lavelle which rather unfortunately in view of recent events has a large photo of her feeding Crack Away Jack , short pen pictures of some Irish bankers at various Festivals some of whom obliged, some of whom didn't (Harcon and Nick Dundee anyone?),Henry Cecil on being guest of honour on the Thursday, NTD on his spectacular three timer on last year's Gold Cup Day, Festival fancies of various trainers and jockeys a whole host of whom fancy Menorah, and news about the equine art exhibition just down the road from the racecourse.

Then of course there's news you can now get HP sauce with Guiness:confused:

The mag gets sent by the racecourse to members and I believe anyone who has bought tickets for any of the days' racing but is easily acquired for nowt even though there's a cover price of £4.

Yes but they were largely soft Irish Grade 1 races in name only - this is much more competitive ;);)

Ardross... behave! Or we'll have Beefy gnash you if you go ringside for a look. :D (That's meant to be Beefy-teeth.)

Back