Thoughts On York Thursday

betsmate

At the Start
Not necessarily selections...

1.40 Tabaret (16/1)

- Career low mark
- Won a listed race over 5f here.
- Career best mark was posted second-time out last season, over five on GF.
- Best performances have usually seen him prominent which helps here

2.10 Under The Rainbow (14/1)

- Last summer was running in G1 Yorkshire Oaks here and placing in the G2 Lancashire Oaks.
- Winning form at 10f and looks like longer trips haven't necessarily suited.
- Career best RPR second-time out last year.
* Would be interesting to see her prominent over this trip

2.40 McCartney (14/1)

- Take the back-end soft ground race out of form and reassess price relative to these rivals.
- Trip and ground look like they'll suit.
- Price reflective of jockey bookings not ability?

3.10 New Seeker (10/1)

- Course, distance and ground winner
- Six pounds lower than last season's winning mark
- Won first time out last year
- Placed first time out in '03, '04 and '05.

Lots of short price horses and small fields makes punting difficult today, but I might just launch a couple of speculative ones at some bigger prices.

I presumed the opposite and that it was really quick. I'll ring my sis, she lives about 5 minutes from the track.

Agree about McCartney. It is crazy that Tartan Bearer is half the price he is.

The ground and step up should really suit.

I'm not worried about Jockey bookings so much as backing the Godolphin second string would has produced many (nice-priced) winners over the past couple of years.

Sahrati at Newmarket tonight is my idea of a bet today.

Back to a distance hes won at, will get pace he likes, Ryan on board and on a winning mark

McCartney seemed like a top of the ground horse last year.

I am not so sure that Frozen Fire, Centennial or Twice Over like it very quick.

There are question marks over the class of the other two (although TB could be anything). So I have had a score on McCartney.

Tartan Bearer can upset the party

Best bet today, Countrywide City in the Newmarket opener, showing excellent speed and home and knows its job, can get the Chapple-Hyam yard back on song.

Khateb won't get beat in the 7.25 judging by the way he skipped away from Collection last week, that horse was impressive yesterday.

Chris

Can Bertoliver 1.40 repeat the scorching performance of last week at Chester?

A six pound penalty and Kerrin McEvoy (just for Dante!!) in the saddle to overcome. :P

Unlucky Chris, good call.

I've really taken a position against Twice Over based on hs price. I've laid himat 1.7, backed McCartney and Young Pretender. I feel all 6 horses have a chance (Tartan Bearer on breeding and connections) and feel Twice Over is overrated based on outstaying Raven's Pass. I don't think the ground wll particularly suit either.

I'm happy to be proved wrong but feel the prices today are all wrong.

Pleased enough with that. I was on place only, she was second best in the field and made the classy winner just work a tiny bit.

Back