Thurles Today

Guest_

At the Start
Surprised this has not been mentioned with both In Compliance and Venalmar making their returns from injury.

Think In Compliance has a really good chance myself and would have him favourite. Venalmar's race looks a decent event.

Agree about In Compliance - for me, you are basically betting on his fitness/well being as he is comfortably the best horse, especially at the weights. I'd have him a shade above evens unless the bookies know something I don't.

In Compliance hasn’t been out for almost a couple of years (and only appeared twice in the year before that), but I (dimly) recall I quite like him too. So I suppose he has no chance if all three of us fancy him.

Last edited:
That would be my concern also. He hasn't won anything since he was six (nine now, rising 10).

Last edited:
Impressive win from Rite of Passage. Supposed to make his hurdling debut around xmas time. I fancy he could turn the tables on Dunguib this season if he takes to hurdling.

Just back from the Thurles meeting myself. In compliance was the class horse on show and jumped beautifully. Paddy Flood and Dessie Hughes had huge smiles on their faces afterwards. Heard Flood saying he was really looking forward to him this year.

Back