Thurles

Not looked at the ra e but can't be much in it on ratings. RG a tough one to crack around Thurles.

Trip perfect for Joncol, who has never entirely convinced me as a genuine stayer at 3m (won a soft-looking Hennesy, imo)

Any particular reason, granger?

I think he's very genuine, myself, and that he just hasn't been getting home over 3m. I think he will relish the slight drop back tomorrow, and I don't really have huge concerns on the fitness front either.

He has his limitations, but he's a horse I have a bit of time for.

Last edited:
Think he is a bit of a slowcoach, needs it very soft and connections all too often have had excuses for him. And for a horse turning 9, I still think connections don't know whether they have a 2m4f or a 3m2f horse

Dunno. Using the phrase "all too often" about a horse with a 5 from 11 record over fences, seems a bit churlish to me. :lol:

Along with the weight concession, let's hope Cooldine has had a lobotomy and a stomach transplant too. :D

PP Prices vs Betfair at 9.28am
Roberto Goldback 9/4 vs 4.1
Cooldine 9/4 vs 3.25
Joncol 11/4 vs 3.65
Psycho 6/1 vs 7.00
Clan Tara 16 vs 19.5

I know liquidity is poor but nobody wants to know Roberto Goldback, someone asking for £3 at 4.3 and £5 at 4.5.

This was the one I was interested in, thinking the horse might be better first time out.

At the price Roberto Goldback for me but easy to see why Coldine fav. At his best he would pick these up and carry them at the weights but we have not seen his best in two seasons.

Cooldine - no chance!!

`Maybe that was a little hasty - On mature reflection if they have him sorted out and primed for this then he would hold every chance. Roberto has only recently moved from Harrington's so don't know if that will be a plus or not. Cooldine's connections know the value of a Euro and it would be no surprise if he was tuned to the minute for this with an eye on a little pot-hunting up to Christmas.
Overall a race to watch for me.

Psycho a N/R. I've taken 5/2 Roberto Goldback. Coldine had so many chances of picking up big pots last year and kept disappointing.

`Maybe that was a little hasty - On mature reflection if they have him sorted out and primed for this then he would hold every chance. Roberto has only recently moved from Harrington's so don't know if that will be a plus or not. Cooldine's connections know the value of a Euro and it would be no surprise if he was tuned to the minute for this with an eye on a little pot-hunting up to Christmas.
Overall a race to watch for me.

Definitely a negative (RG) for me.

Aves ew in the bumper 16/1 William Hill is too big. He got a soft intro at Gowran which should have set him straight - Morning Royalty by Kings Theatre has to be a negative on the ground and at 6/4 is probably a lay.

Not the greatest bumper ever run on paper so could see Timmy Doyle's horse sneak a place or better.

Cooldine's last 10 runs have been in grade1's at 13/8 and in receipt of 10lb, I think that's a value for money bet although not for a large stake :blink:

I think the ten pounds are almost irrelevant, in the sense that if he bounces back to his form of 2 years ago, he wins, but if he runs like a drain like all of last season, another 10 pounds wouldn't make any difference.

I thought he had something wrong with him last season. The confidence today is interesting though.

I would go for Joncol of the 3 main ones - RG, new trainer, and has an awful win ratio.

Last edited:
Back