Thursday 23/11/23

yorick

Conditional
Here we are at a bit of a crossroads with

Hello Judge - 3.00 Newcastle 9/4 win (taken earlier)

Anyone who reads my blogs will know that this is one I've followed. In fact it's almost a year since he first came into blog view. That was his chase debut over today's C/D. I saw that he jumped like an assured natural that day and was noted for a future, being so lightly raced, his connections and the quality of his leaping.

After breathing problems last season, he disappointed but the op was performed and resulted in a win lto. That was a real pleasure; not only the 13/2 price but the manner of the victory.

As we saw, the jumping was just superb but was also great to see were the battling qualities displayed around Carlisle's stamina - stretching stiff course. He fought back to win that day in very pleasing style. We shouldn't forget that he's only a baby, having had just 9 rules races of which 6 were chases.

Now the issue at this point is that he's won in a handicap and been assessed by the handicapper in the light of that - an extra 4Lbs here. It's al ways a dilemma whether to leave them once they've won, isn't it. To my eyes, I think there's every reason to believe that we can expect further improvement. The jumping will always be an asset and he will have gained any amount of experience after the last win so I have no intention of abandoning him. I don't see as loyalty for loyalty's sake but a reasonable judgement. Funnily enough, I backed market rival lto and his jumping wouldn't hold candle to my fellow. and has to give 18Lbs away. I must say, that seems a big ask.

So, A step up in class and weight.

Up to it?.

I think so.

Back