Thursday 23rd May 2024

yorick

Conditional
I’m Back from the most beautiful of locations near Bridport in Dorset and spent a lot of yesterday on the move, hence the blog absence. I’m back again after my mini-break and am met with a plethora of noted horses. You’ve said it before, Outsider, a lot of alerts makes for a tricky day.

The ghost of last summer’s flat season drifts in as torrential rain causes the going at Catterick to change to Sft/Hvy in places and means that one of my selections is a Nr. So, there goes my L15 already. Ho-hum.

I was scathing about William Easterby’s ride on

Benny Baloo - 4.28 Market Rasen 4/1 Ew

last time out and, despite the booking of Jamie Hamilton hardly inspiring confidence, I take him to score on the good ground.

Commander Crouch – 6.07 Sandown 22/1 Ew

This one got going late last time out with the jockey not looking as concerned as he might have been to make up the ground. Given a comfortable ride on the day, I’m hoping Hector Crouch might rustle up a deal more vim on the ride today.

Invictus Machin 8.30 Limerick 9/2 Ew

is one that I’ve followed since his first chase. I thought he should have won on his last run and although not really convinced the breeding says 3m, he’s got to be done.

Elsewhere, I’ve had a little dabble with these:

Flying Finn – Longchamp 4.13

Sweet William – Sandown 7.07

Al Rufaah – Sandown 8.42

Ew Patent

Back