Thursday 5th October 2023

yorick

Conditional
A couple today that I've had my eye on.

Immelman - 5.20 Thurles 9/1 Ew (Bog)

It has to be said that this one has disappointed thus far after this note I made about his running in July:

'I noted this one in July when it made late headway over 2m at the Curragh. He looked a sure-fire future winner to me and I subsequently backed him on his next at Galway (last time out). How gutted was I to see him finish stone last? It transpires that he was reported as 'coughing' after the race.'

Backed again next time out over 12f and ran worse than a pig - last again. Finally, lto, they again ran over 12f and this time he wasn't really put there but made a little late headway after having raced in rear. Not on that day.

Today, back to 2m and with an entry in a 50k race next week, he'll need to win well today to get into that. I can't say I'd recommend him 'winning well' but how can I not do him today: top trainer , Seamie up, back to 2m?

My second swipe is:

Military Tycoon - 5.35 Salisbury 9/4 Win (Bog)

My original note came after his run at Nottingham i April on the soft:

'05/04/23 Nott 1M Sft

Bred to get further than this this 1m. Took a while to get going but really did make nice headway in the final furlong. Sire has thrown up 1m-2m 2f horses and the dam has produced one other progeny Fresnel, rated 99, who won over 12f.

This was MT’s second maiden. One more will get the mark so it’ll be of interest to see what distance they run this gelding over. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this turns out to be a stayer.'

So, here we are and they've stepped him up to 14f on the soft. Both of those aspects are positives here and I'll be doing him in the hope that he'll find a little improvement accordingly.

2 x Singles
Win Double

Good luck. :)

Back