Thursday's racing

Hamm

At the Start
Some interesting races today at both Doncaster and Sandown.

If Allegretto bounces back to last year's form, she could make the closeness in the market between her and Gravitation look misplaced. No penalty for her, and against her own sex, she's pretty solid at 7/4.

1000 Guineas favourite Rainbow view lines up at Doncaster, albeit at the uninviting price of 4/11. I'm tempted to lay her at this price to small amounts, as there are some unexposed types, and I wouldn't bet 4/11 any horse on today's ground.

Art Princess is potentially a good thing for the 2YO race at Doncaster based on her Cherry Hinton showing, and 10/1 is more than fair.

Dijeer for Godolphin is 6/4 for the 7F listed race at Sandown .. I'm tempted to either lay him (severe case of seconditis), or back Atlantic Story if one could be confident he'd go on the ground.

Anyone playing?

I think Snoqualmie Girl is a cracking each-way bet and some value against the favourite in the May Hill, 12/1 is a decent price given she'll enjoy the ground and will stay the trip.

Deadly Secret is a decent price in the sales race but I don't like backing in these events.

I'm keen on Gravitation in the Park Hill but Hold Me Love Me seems overpriced for a Ballydoyle runner, if Murtagh was on it I'm sure it'd be 3 or 4 points shorter than 11/1.

I think the most fascinating race of the day is the 1.20 Chantilly, Haggas's Triple Aspect looks a very good prospect but Treasure, Anyaar and Privalova all worry me, particuarly the latter.

48387-Prix-dArenberg
b00632008091102.jpg

Triple Aspect wins easily, looks a very smart prospect.

Thought Allegretto was quite impressive despite the previous form of the second and third, who were quite a way back.

I presume Gull Wing backers won't get their money back?

No, and they shouldn't. Part of a horse race is the start. Although Boylesports have refunded singles to appease McCririck followers.

She was 10/10 previous time out - I think she's out of love with the game, and she may have taken a dislike to the stalls too

She's by In The Wings and they tend to keep growing which can give them leg pains into their 4th year - she may be one of those. Or she may have some other problem. Two such bad outings after such a promising start must have a reason, mental or physical

In any case I'd put her away for a while then school her over hurdles! - will like the usual ground and is bred for stamina, and posted good speed figs before she started throwing in the towel... if she liked it she could be very good

Gull Wing runs in the colours of her owner/breeder Lady Bamford, and with the black type she picked up at Nottingham will almost certainly be off to the breeding sheds rather than novice hurdles at Huntingdon.

I wasn't imagining a novice hurdle at quite such a lowly level... I hadn't clocked that she already had black type - still think she could be very good indeed over hurdles! But agreed, such Romantik fancies don't usually get put the test in today's commercial world

I wasn't imagining a novice hurdle at quite such a lowly level... I hadn't clocked that she already had black type - still think she could be very good indeed over hurdles! But agreed, such Romantik fancies don't usually get put the test in today's commercial world

Would a candlelit mating with Kingmambo not count as romantic? :D

Back